Letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter

Options
claretre
claretre Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I've received a letter today saying they have all the info now to decide on my case was wondering how long about will I find out I started the claim in Nov and it's just dragged on my anxiety is threw the roof X.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @claretre it can vary due to backlogs, but hopefully they won't take too much longer :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • claretre
    Options
    Thank you it just dragged on for so long Xx thanks again Xx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I understand, unfortunately it's very common!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ami2301, hello, as you hav had your assessment you can request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • claretre
    Options
    Yeah had it 3/4 weeks ago but was to scared and anxious to phone up and ask for a copy Xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @claretre, just wanted to check in to see how things were going. :)
    Scope

• Formidible
    Formidible Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm in the same position. I had my assessment a week ago but the DWP should have the report by now. I managed to call the DWP this morning and they told me l have to wait until a decision is made before I can request a copy of the report. I am currently on UC. This is contrary to what I was originally advised. 
  • claretre
    Options
    I was to scared to phone and ask for the report but apparently you can ask for it that's what I've been told anyway but I was to scared Xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm in the same position. I had my assessment a week ago but the DWP should have the report by now. I managed to call the DWP this morning and they told me l have to wait until a decision is made before I can request a copy of the report. I am currently on UC. This is contrary to what I was originally advised. 

Hi,

I answered your question here on the UC part of the forum. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/69340/worried-ill-be-found-fit-for-work#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Formidible
    Options
    Thanks Poppy. I have read and responded. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    claretre said:
    I was to scared to phone and ask for the report but apparently you can ask for it that's what I've been told anyway but I was to scared Xx
    Sorry to hear this @claretre, I hope you don't have to wait too long to get a decision.
    Scope

• Formidible
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I hope you get your report and decision soon Chloe. I was fortunate to get my decision within 8 days but I think that was the exception rather than the norm. 
  • Laborador
    Laborador Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Options
    I had my assessment on 10 Dec and am still waiting for an answer. 
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Options
    I think @Formidible is referring to a work capability assessment for UC - that seems to be much quicker.

It is the pip ones that are taking a long time.

As far as i understand it, you can get a copy of your assessment report for pip before you get the final decision.

But with UC, you can't. You can request your assessment after your decision letter has been uploaded to your journal. It is  UC 85A form for the UC medical report.

And PA4 for the pip one
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @anisty copies of the assessment report are also available before a decisions been made on the work capability assessment. Some will agree to send it, some won’t. It really depends who you speak to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Options
    Ah! Didnt realise that - thanks :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.