Dwp got my written report 4 days after my f2f assignment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp got my written report 4 days after my f2f assignment

Leannejude19
Leannejude19 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi I got a text yesterday (26th Feb) had my assignment at home on (21st Feb) is this good or bad thing? I've been fighting and waiting since Dec 2019

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    In this digital age its not unusual for reports to be sent so quickly, is this for PIP ? if so you can phone next week and ask for a copy of the report (PA4) which should give you some idea of what the award will be.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Leannejude19
    @woodbine yes for pip as I've got scoliosis and server anxiety and I've done this twice and the first time I lost even when I went through tribunal with them 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Leannejude19
    Well okay sorry  I can't go out, if I do I have pains in my chest can't breath and I can't go in small places I panic really bad I've had all my appointments at home and even the job centre rings me as they know them self's can't walk I get taxis everywhere as of back pain lower back and also if I go out someone has to be with me 24/7 I'm always thinking the worse in things sorry for long message! X
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Leannejude19 This is just normal and doesn't mean anything is good or bad.

Like advised request a copy of your report  and this will give indication of the points awarded. This however will not be the final decision this will be made by a decision maker based on the report and the evidence. Good luck I hope you get a successful result

• NannySue
    NannySue Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    I had my face to face yesterday and I got a text 2 hours ago stating that they have received my written report!! My nerves are shattered.
    Can I request a copy now or do I have to wait a week?
  • poppy123456
    NannySue said:
    I had my face to face yesterday and I got a text 2 hours ago stating that they have received my written report!! My nerves are shattered.
    Can I request a copy now or do I have to wait a week?

There's no harm in ringing DWP to request it. If both copies have been received they will send you one out, providing you live in the UK.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • NannySue
    Thanks Poppy I have just rung and she printed it while I was on the phone and it's either in today's post if not tomorrow. The lady was shocked that I only had the assessment yesterday and text today, not as shocked as I am lol
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

It doesn't really mean anything that your report has been returned already. Many are returned in just a few hours after. When you receive it look for the dots next to the activities/descriptors and compare them using the PIP self test online and it will tell you if there's any award recommended.
  • NannySue
    Thanks poppy I will do that, she also explained that this is not the decision (which I know ) and that the case manager also uses other things to make their decision, I don't know if that is preparing me for bad news or not but I will keep you posted.
  • Leannejude19
    @poppy123456 can I ask please what do you mean about dots sorry x
  • poppy123456
    @poppy123456 can I ask please what do you mean about dots sorry x

When you see the report you will know what i'm talking about. They will be next to the activities/descriptors. Underneath that is the justification. Here is a sample of a PA4 report (PIP face to face assessment report) but it hasn't been filled in but you'll see the activities/descriptors in here and that's what you need to look for.

• soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    When I had my F2F she said it would be sent by the time she walked out by e-mail and they would get it the same day. I had it in my hands by day 4. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.