Will the 12 week assessment period apply to me? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will the 12 week assessment period apply to me?

franko1234shinn
franko1234shinn Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited February 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
good morning i have a question i put a claim in for uc sickness element on the 13th deccember along with sick notes i have just been informed that due to my conditions i will be put in the lcwra group i have a carer and have recieved pip higher rate for many years will the 12 week assesment period apply to me or will it be paid from the day i put the claim in thankyou for your advice

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    HI and welcome,

In most cases there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time. Then the LCWRA is paid on the 4th month of your claim from when you sent evidence of your condition (fit note). If your claim for UC started at the same you handed in the fit note then you will receive the extra LCWRA element in your April payment. Unless you transferred from ESA and you were already in the Support Group and then it's paid from the start of your claim. Or you have a terminal illness with a diagnosis of 6 months or less and then the DS1500 form will need to used which needs to be filled in by a Doctor.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • franko1234shinn
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, good to hear you have been awarded and that Poppy has answered your question
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @franko1234shinn. :)
    Scope

• franko1234shinn

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.