Worth submitting as extra evidence? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worth submitting as extra evidence?

Options
anisty
anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
It was only last Saturday (feb 22nd) that i got the 'we have all the information' form from dwp regarding my son's pip.

He recently got put in LCWRA group for UC. I have got his UC65A  (medical report back)

It states he has long term functional disability and it shows that they phoned his GP. It states his disabilities.

Is it worth submitting that, at this late stage, to DWP as extra evidence for his pip application? I know they dont share info and i know the benefits are seperate but i think the fact it states there is no improvement expected could help the pip decision maker realise my son needs a longer term award maybe?

Is it too late?  Any advice on this appreciated, thanks

Comments

• anisty
    Options
    I meant to post this in pip forum. Oops!
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @anisty, it takes about 3 weeks for any information sent to the DWP to be put on the computer system for staff to have access to it, and your son's award may have been decided and decision made. The extra evidence, information may be needed should you need to appeal with a MR. Please keep the cummunity updated on your son's award, good luck. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

A paper based assessment has already been completed for his PIP claim and personally, i think you're worrying needlessly. My advice would be to ring them on Monday to request a copy of the assessment report and from that you'll be able to see what he should be awarded because it's very rare for them to go against the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anisty
    Options
    Thanks Poppy. I know you're right. Well, I hope you're right. I think, because i just launched into filling out his form with no real understanding of the descriptors, I have this slight concern that the answers i gave dont properly fit what they are asking.

Obvs i know my son really well. I dont have a problem filling out forms so the whole thing was done in 10 mins flat as i have so much to say about my son!! No wonder they dont want him in f2f; they must be wondering if they will get us back out the door. ;)

I did get a hold of my son's medical records and this has been well worth doing. As he keeps well, he isnt known to the GPs. There is the record from when he went with his support worker recently to get his uc claim kicked off and the gp has noted he looked 'slighly unkempt' and very anxious.

Everything in his notes from all his hospital outpatient support as a child is there and totally consistant with what i wrote about him. I also didnt realise how much concern there was about his low weight right through childhood. I knew it was monitored as he was a very faddy eater. There is a referral letter in there from when i took him to the gp aged 13 with severe abdominal pain due to impaction and the gp seems to have been quite alarmed by his lack of muscle and pale colour. When she referred him on though, they simply replied that they know him well.

I had forgotton he was tested for Fragile X. That was negative. But there is quite a bit of documentation wondering if he has a syndrome on account of his global difficulties when he was very little. He has come on amazingly really.  My 12yr old daughter told me he was giving her lessons in how to make up jokes yesterday. (She is able, more able than him so she played along with it) so apparently he pointed to his hip and then tried to hop (i can just imagine) and then he thought this was really funny as it was his version of hip hop. He is actually hilarious, in the sweetest possible way. 

Well worth doing for anyone else reading, just to check your notes are in good order. The surgery actually suggested it to me after it emerged they had wrongly documented a broken leg. He never broke his leg. It was his arm. Doh!
  • anisty
    Options
    Btw - if i do call them monday to ask for the assessment report, do you think it is worth mentioning this UC medical report over the phone, and telling them that prognosis? Or is that best kept back so it can be presented as new evidence if MR is needed?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The work capability assessment (WCA) is totally different to PIP and the criteria for both is also different. Although sometimes a WCA report can help a PIP claim. However, i do think that you're overthinking this and you're worrying needlessly, i know it's very difficult not to worry. I honestly don't think there's any need to mention anything about that report at this stage. If he's not awarded what you think he's entitled to then send it with the MR letter.

Please try to relax for now, i do know how difficult it is but there's nothing more you can really do until the decision's been made. He's has a paper based assessment and the report has already been written, which is a very good thing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • anisty
    Options
    Thanks for all your support, Poppy. It really is appreciated  :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're very welcome :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.