Incapacity benefit to contribute esa with a transitional top — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Incapacity benefit to contribute esa with a transitional top

khanlia
khanlia Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I was moved from incapacity to contribute esa with a transitional addition in the support group I was also on enhanced daily living allowance pip.does this mean I am entitled to disability premiums & possibly backdated

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome.

Whether you're entitled to any income related top up will depend on your circumstances. The things they will assess you on are living with partner that works or claims any other benefits, savings/capital, pensions, the transitional support protection you were receiving also counts and whether anyone was claiming carers allowance or the carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you.

If you have been contacted by DWP then you will need to wait for a decision to be made, once it has they will send a decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • khanlia
    I 've had a reply from them but they turned me down but why was I receiving a transitional addition for 4yrs 2014 to 2018 then they stopped it.Dors this mean I am owed 4yspremiums 
  • poppy123456
    khanlia said:
    I 've had a reply from them but they turned me down but why was I receiving a transitional addition for 4yrs 2014 to 2018 then they stopped it.Dors this mean I am owed 4yspremiums 

There could be many different reasons why you're not owed any backdated money. It's impossible to answer that question with no information at all. Best thing you can do is speak to an advice agency near you, make an appointment and take the decision letter with you and they will take a look and advise you correctly based on your circumstances.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • khanlia
    Transitional addition does that mean it's a income related 
  • poppy123456
    No, it doesn't. There's a lot of things to consider when they assess you for this. On top of what i mentioned in a comment above, there's also which group were you in, how much were you receiving each week. Far too many things to consider and an internet forum really isn't the place for this sort of advice because no one knows anything about your circumstances.

Some people have been entitled to backdated money and some haven't.
  • khanlia
    I was in support group 
    I 'll take your advice  & contact a advice centre
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Let us know how you get on @khanlia
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • khanlia

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.