Won tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won tribunal

Hipgazelle92
Hipgazelle92 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I won a pip tribunal on Tuesday and got awarded advanced mobility. I got told by the judge that I would have to wait a few weeks for payment which is fine but I didn't know pip are aloud to appeal their decision and prolong everything else. So I was just wondering how likely it is that this will happen? I'm new to this I've never had pip before so I don't really understand and it's all getting to me and just making my anxiety worse then it needs to be. Thank you. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Great news! DWP have as much chance as we do to appeal the decision but first they have to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings and they have 1 month from the date of decision to do this. Once they receive them they need to find the error in law before they can appeal the decision.

They sometimes request the SOR and ROP but rarely appeal it. All you can do is wait. Backdated money can take 2-8 weeks and about the same time to put an award into payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hipgazelle92
    Hi poppy thank you for replying do they always ask for a statement of reasons or is that just sometimes? 
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Sometimes, not always.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Hipgazelle92
    Do tribunal not tell them the reason they came to their decision then when they tell them that it was accepted by them? Sorry for all the questions 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    No, not the full reasons. The statement of reasons isn't written unless it's requested. Try not worry too much, it's rare for them to ask for this, although it can happen. In the meantime there's nothing else you can do but wait until you hear from DWP, which can be 2-8 weeks. Quite a few members recently on here have received backdated money in about 2 weeks after a Tribunal win, although everyone's different as regards to timescales. 
  • Hipgazelle92
    Thank you so much just need to focus on other things till I hear from them telling me what's happening. Thanks again. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Congratulations on the tribunal win @Hipgazelle92
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @Hipgazelle92
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Hipgazelle92 Congratulations that's great news and thanks for sharing with us its always nice to read about a successful outcome. Try and relax now you have won your case 
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    edited March 2020
    @Hipgazelle92. That's fantastic. Well done. I'm glad you  finally got what you deserve. I'm glad you fought it and didn't give up,takes courage considering how stressful and anxiety inducing the whole process is. I've been waiting 49 weeks so far for a tribunal hearing,hope I get one soon. They said it's on average 59 weeks in my area. As for the dwp appealing against it ,they'd have to have a very good reason to override the tribunal service. The tribunal service are impartial to the dwp and the fact that you won your appeal will be hard for the dwp to dispute,unless an error in law. 
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Well done! Fantastic news :)
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    edited March 2020
    @Hipgazelle92 Well done! I know how you are feeling I won mine on Thursday and got taken from Standard to Enhanced Mobility :) It's a great feeling isn't it! 

I got told by letter the day after so I will be waiting as long as everyone else which is fair enough.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    Well I got my backpay today so the letter should be here soon as that was paid 3 days ago :) I can then A get my car to 100% tax deduction and then get a new scooter :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.