Pip Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Decision

Rainbows43
Rainbows43 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
I just wanted to update that finally pip DM phoned me yesterday. After waiting since 12th August when I put a change  of  circumstances in,  they've gone with the report and awarded enhanced on both. ( Was on High mobility, Standard care ) 

They've backdated to 25th july 19 as that's when I made the original phone call. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Brilliant news @Rainbows43! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Rainbows43
    Ami2301 said:
    Brilliant news @Rainbows43! :)
    Thank you , I had started to think they'd forgotten about me & called yesterday morning to be told the DM had picked up my case that morning & should hear by next week. A few hours later the call came. Just the usual had I spent any time in hospital ect & that he was increasing. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, thanks for sharing :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jay1969
    Jay1969 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @Rainbows43
    Hi 

Sorry just wanted to ask which area you are from. I have also put in a change of circumstance for my dad in late August 2019. 
    My dad then had his F2F end of November 2019 but we haven’t had a reply as yet. I’ve got a copy of my dads report and it has said ENHANCED on both.
    Im just asking if you are from Birmingham like I am then that gives us a clue on the dates the DM is working on. 
    So if you’ve got your decision as you applied on 12th August 2019 that means that’s the dates they’re working on so we haven’t got long to go for a decision.
    Sorry if I’m being nosy but waiting over 6 months is a joke really.
    Thanks for your input anyway... 

• Rainbows43
    Jay1969 said:
    @Rainbows43
    Hi 

Sorry just wanted to ask which area you are from. I have also put in a change of circumstance for my dad in late August 2019. 
    My dad then had his F2F end of November 2019 but we haven’t had a reply as yet. I’ve got a copy of my dads report and it has said ENHANCED on both.
    Im just asking if you are from Birmingham like I am then that gives us a clue on the dates the DM is working on. 
    So if you’ve got your decision as you applied on 12th August 2019 that means that’s the dates they’re working on so we haven’t got long to go for a decision.

Jay1969 said:
    @Rainbows43
    Hi 

I'm in Wiltshire , Forms went in early August & assessment 27th November. 
  • ketomum
    ketomum Community member Posts: 33 Connected
     Hi @Jay1969
     I'm not sure if the information I'm sharing is relevant as my daughters claim for PIP was a new claim. I live in Wednesbury which isn't to far from Birmingham
    I applied for PIP on the 5th of August 2019 Assessment date was the 12th of December 2019.
    Received copy of the accessors report on the 18th of December. The final decision was made on the 16th Feb 2020.

This may give you an idea of the wait, but as I said my daughter's claim was a new claim and not a change of circumstances so not sure if it's handled differently.
    Hopefully, you and your father won't have much longer to wait. xx
  • Jay1969
    Jay1969 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @ketomum

Hi

Thanks for your reply, yes it is different because they tend to do the new claims before the change of circumstances.

Thanks for you reply ..?
  • Rainbows43
    edited March 2020
    So do I get backdate from 25th july or will they deduct 12 weeks? 

Wasn't expecting ongoing either. Always been given 3 years 
  • poppy123456
    Great news. You will receive the difference between your previous award and this award from the date in the letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Rainbows43
    Great news. You will receive the difference between your previous award and this award from the date in the letter.
    Ok Thank you , I'm just confused as no back pay yet , however income support only paid 21 weeks Enhanced disability premium not the 31. 
  • poppy123456
    As it was you that reported the change of circumstances then providing your worsening of condition was at least 3 months then you should receive the backdated payment from when you reported the changes. Same for the EDP in your Income Support, it should be paid from the start of your new PIP award.

If you have any concerns regarding any backdated payments then you'll need to ring DWP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.