Time to have my leg amputated, worried about the future. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Time to have my leg amputated, worried about the future.

2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gazz46, I really hope the new medication is beneficial to you. The job centre would be a good place to start, but please do let us know if there is anything more we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I am really pleased to hear you are trying new medication and hope it works. As you said you may still have to give up work so it is a good time to find out the information you need in preparation for this 
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    @gazz46   I spent 10 years picking up motability cars going to Auction - trust me with 1 leg they will adapt it for you - you will still be able to drive. I have driven cars with adaptions I would never have imagined. 

So don't give up that thought please 
  • gazz46
    gazz46 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    hello all
    thank you for the advice given thus far, it has been useful and i have made many notes on possible avenues to follow.
    i have another question, i have told that with my current condition i should be able to register as "disabled" is this the case ?
    if so how do i do it and will this be of benefit to me and how ?
    yes i know, more questions lol
    rgds gazz
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gazz46, no one can be registered as disabled. However, you could apply for an AccessCard if you felt it would be helpful. Please bare in mind that not all places will use this method of authorisation for things like free carers tickets.
    Scope

Brightness