Pip HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip HELP

Options
ShaunH
ShaunH Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Hi, i need some advice as i dont know where to turn next!
I have been fighting DWP since 9 of June 2019, i have been turned down on my mandatory reconsideration but im taking it to a tribunal, DWP got my forms on the 31st of Jan and they have 28 days to respond they have no ran over that time, i have still not received the "bundle" I just need to know what i do next I am ringing DWP but they cant give me an update I have also been awarded full ESA in the last month will that help my case in court? 
Thank you in advance for any help/ advice you can give 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,302 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

It's not unusual for DWP not to respond within the timescale given, it often happens. They will eventually respond. All you can do is wait, it doesn't affect your appeal and the hearing will still go ahead as normal. I'm assuming you're appearing in person?

You can send your ESA support Group award to HMCTS but do be aware that ESA and PIP are different benefits with different criteria and your Support Group award may not help your PIP claim.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ShaunH
    Options
    Hi Poppy,
    Thank you for your reply.

I will be attending in person i have also ticked the box for appeal within 14 notice 
    Does that help make things go faster the waiting game is the worst part they shouldn't be allowed to do this. 

• poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome,

No, it doesn't always mean your hearing will be quicker. Backlogs in most areas are huge and lots of people are waiting about a year for a hearing date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Backlogs aren’t huge in all areas, some areas have less waiting times. Ringing HMCTS and asking how long the wait is for your area will give you some idea.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome  am glad you have had advice relating to your query I just wanted to say hello. Waiting times seem to be quite long at the moment and nobody can tell you really how long it will be. Use the time to prepare, once you get your bundle have good look through and highlight exactly what you disagree with and why, make notes etc. Good luck keep us ujpdated
  • ShaunH
    Options
    Thank you very much to all of your help advice and support. 
    Scotleag, m so happy for you on your success gives me hope,
    I rang and its 16 to 19 week waiting time but they have had my case with them for 7 weeks now so fingers crossed DWP pull there finger out and get the relevant paperwork over.

Janer1967 thank you for the warm welcome, i will use all the time to my best ability I have been in touch with citizen advice also so they are helping as of today so fingers crossed.

Again thank you very much To all of you and everyone else on all the threads I have had time to read are doing a fantastic job in supporting everyone who needs it. 

• ShaunH
    Options
    Hi everyone, just an update on my very recent call from DWP (PIP).

received a text from DWP saying they have been trying to contact me and a time when they will be contacting again.

took the call and my case has been looked over again before sending bundle to tribunal and my case has been turned over and they gave me an offer of enhanced rate for daily living components and standard for mobility extremely happy with this outcome as I have been more than worrying about the current situation (covid-19) but there is hope for everyone going through the struggle it’s being back dated to June so a nice little pick me up in a very worrying time. Gutted I can’t get a new car but swings and round about. 

I’d just like to say this site is incredible!! My hat is off to each and everyone of you and most importantly @popp@poppy123456 your knowledge of what answers I was after is unbelievable so special thank you to your self.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.