What does this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does this mean?

horizons
horizons Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi, had my assessment at ''atos'' a couple of weeks ago. Decided to ask for a copy of the report one week later. The letter was sent to me a few days ago. On one of the pages it says LCW and LCWRA information. Below that it says ''the client has been found to meet the criteria for limited capability for work and work related activity'' Does this statment mean that I passed? and will contuine to stay on ESA for now?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @horizons! They usually go with what the report states, but it is best to wait for your decision letter :) Which hopefully won't take much longer! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) means Support Group. As @Ami2301 has correctly advised, they usually go with the report. Hopefully not much longer for the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @horizons, I hope Poppy and Ami have clarified this. Just wanted to say welcome to the community. :)
    Scope

• horizons
    What does Support Group actually mean in regards to ESA?

• poppy123456
    It means they have decided that you're unable to work and don't expect you to look prepare for work at the moment. No appointments will be needed for any work focused interviews at your local job centre either.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • horizons
    Okay, well I just wait for the letter now and see what it says. Thanks for the Explanations
  • ShaunH
    ShaunH Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Sorry to butt in,
    I have also been awarded the LCWRA im not sure how the payments work..

isit that i get £336 on top of my normal universal credit payment or just that payment? 
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2020
    ShaunH said:
    Sorry to butt in,
    I have also been awarded the LCWRA im not sure how the payments work..

isit that i get £336 on top of my normal universal credit payment or just that payment? 

This thread is about ESA, which is different but to answer your question then yes, the £336 is extra money and this is paid from the 4th month of your claim, depending on when you sent your first fit note and when your assessment periods are.
  • ShaunH
    My first fit note was in november 2019 and had my assesment on the 8th of Feb, my decision was a week later 
  • poppy123456
    ShaunH said:
    My first fit note was in november 2019 and had my assesment on the 8th of Feb, my decision was a week later 

That doesn't help me, sorry. I need to know the exact date you sent the fit note and when you first started your claim for UC, then i'll know when your assessment period dates are.
  • ShaunH
    Hi @poppy123456 sorry i didnt put more detail in there for you,
    The exact dates are:
    First fit not 19th not (2weeks)
    Provided to US on 28nov 
    Second 3dec (3months 
    Got my UCD35 forms on 17th Dec 
    Assessment on the 8th Feb 
    Decision on 26th Feb 

Not sure how the payment work becuase i dont get paid untill 8th of April 
    Also wasn't sure if the extra money was on top of my normal UC or replacing it, 

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    One of the questions you didn't answer was when did you first claim UC? All i needed to know was this and when you sent your first fit note because it's 3 full months waiting times and then you're paid the extra LCWRA on your 4th month. Also i'm not sure what you mean by "first fit not 19th not (2weeks)"
  • ShaunH
    I started universal credit in June 16th/17th 2019
    And i mean my first fit note I put in to UC was the 19th of November 2019 the note was for 2 weeks, the second was for 3 months only yesterday is ran out. 
  • poppy123456
    ShaunH said:
    I started universal credit in June 16th/17th 2019
    And i mean my first fit note I put in to UC was the 19th of November 2019 the note was for 2 weeks, the second was for 3 months only yesterday is ran out. 

Thanks for that. This means that if those dates are correct then you will receive your first LCWRA payment in your April payment and you will continue to receive it each month after that.
  • ShaunH
    Thank you very much @poppy123456 for clearing that up for me it's alittle confusing.
    Just 1 last question is the £336 payment on top of what i already get or will the payment be £336? 
  • poppy123456
    ShaunH said:
    Thank you very much @poppy123456 for clearing that up for me it's alittle confusing.
    Just 1 last question is the £336 payment on top of what i already get or will the payment be £336? 

You're welcome. Yes, it's very confusing. The £336 is extra money, so on top of what you already receive.
  • ShaunH
    Thank you so much my mind has been racing thinking what it will be burn again thank you all your help.
  • poppy123456
    ShaunH said:
    Thank you so much my mind has been racing thinking what it will be burn again thank you all your help.

You're welcome! Happy to be able to help you. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.