Letter on my journal, when is my first payment made? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter on my journal, when is my first payment made?

Options
miller123
miller123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi i received a letter on my journal stating that i am entitled to--- limited capability for work i am wondering when the first payment is made, i see from other posts its says 14 week period i am wondering from what date, this is from my journal for first payment ------Assessment period: 28 October to 27 November 2019 my next payment is tomorrow  4th of march my journal is not showing any extra payments shal i go in and see them and ask why no extra payment 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @miller123 can I ask what date you get paid every month?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Please take another look at your journal to see exactly what it says. If it says Limited capability for work (LCW) then you won't receive any extra money each month because your claim started after April 2017.

If it says limited capability for work and work related activity (LCWRA) then you'll receive an extra £336 per month. When you'll receive it will depend on when you sent evidence of your limited capability for work (fit note)

The 14 week period applies to ESA. For UC it's 3 full assessment periods and payment is then received on the 4th month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • miller123
    Options
    hi thank you for your quick response my letter states 
    following your work capability for work assessment we have decided that you have limited capability for work.
    you may get extra money because you have limited capability for work. changes to your payments will show up on your statement when happen. i also get paid on the 4th of every month,  UNIVERSAL CREDIT.. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi as mentioned above limited capability to work does not pay any thing extra, This is a standard letter and is worded as you may get extra money but this doesn't apply in your case as you started claiming after 2017. 
  • miller123
    Options
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you disagree with the decision of limited capability for work and have taken a look at the descriptors for LCWRA and think you may qualify for this then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR). On your journal you should request the MR stating the reasons why you think you should be given LCWRA.

Face to face advice is needed before going ahead with this because if you don't qualify for this then it's pointless requesting the MR. Do be aware that you could also lose your LCW award by requesting this. Most MR decisions do remain the same though and you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @miller123 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I haven't anything to add, just wanted to welcome you as I see you have had lots of information above from members, which I hope you have found helpful.  If there is anything else we can do to help/support you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • miller123
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice its been very helpful as i have always worked up till now, i am now struggling as i have severe arthritis in my thumbs to which limits my use of my hands basically i cant do much also 3 weeks ago i was diagnosed with diverticulitis i have what is called a flare up every 3 days   so attending the health evaluation appointment and telling them all my dark secrets of my health problems just meant they decided i didnt need to supply a fit note each month tfrom my doctor stating i was unfit for work after what they take off me each month i am left with £250 a month to live surely this isnt right, 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Now you have been found to have limited capability for work then you'll have a work allowance.

How much work allowance it will be will depend on your circumstances. If you claim for the housing element in with your UC amount then your work allowance will be £287 per month. If you don't claim for the housing element you'll be entitled to £503 work allowance.

This means that you'll be able to earn a certain amount of money each UC assessment period without it affecting the amount of UC that you're entitled to. Once your earnings reach that amount then your UC will be reduced by 63% for every £1 your earning over the work allowance.

How much UC you're entitled to each month will depend on your circumstances and how much earnings are received during your assessment period.

If you disagree with the decision of the work capability assessment then you have 1 month from that date to request the MR.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.