Awaiting transfer from DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting transfer from DLA to PIP

Harleyqueen
Harleyqueen Community member Posts: 30 Connected
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been reading the posts for a few weeks now and its great to see how friendly and helpful the forum members are thank you. I am currently supporting my partner on a DLA to PIP transfer, awaiting a decision  so fingers crossed.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Harleyqueen how are you doing today? How have you found the process so far?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Harleyqueen - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm wondering if you asked the DWP for a copy of your partner's assessment report? This is something you can do about a week after the assessment, & can give an indication of the points that may be awarded. You still have to wait for a decision letter, but the DWP Decision Maker usually goes along with this. You probably know this if you have been reading the posts here for a while, but mentioning, 'just in case.'
    I hope all goes well, & please do say if we can help/advise with any thing.
  • Harleyqueen
    Hi Ami2301
    Thanks for the welcome, It has been a bit stressful but we knew the transfer from DLA to PIP was coming (not that it made it any easier ) but reading all the posts and advice has been helpful.

Thanks again
  • Harleyqueen
    Hi Chiarieds

Thanks for the welcome and advice, I have requested the assessment report so will know bit more when it arrives, its really kind of you to make sure I knew I could request the report. thanks again .
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Harley_Quinn Hello and welcome from me too. Im glad you have been reading posts just don't let if put you off as most people don't post on forums like this is they have a successful transistion.

Good luck and let us know the outcome 

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Harley_Quinn and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I just wanted to welcome you too and say how nice it was of you to say how friendly and helpful you are finding the forum to be.  Glad to hear it as we are all here to support each other.  I wish you and your partner well with his PIP claim and please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything we can do to help/support you both then please just say.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great to have you here @Harleyqueen. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.