Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

debdeb13
debdeb13 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Hi I got awarded lcwra in early Feb on my journal it said I would get another message within 7days still not had that message yet I messaged on my journal  to say I haven't received  it  then when I logged into journal  today it's asking me for a new fit note  do I have to get one as letter I received  early Feb said I didn't need anymore many thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi welcome, As far as I am aware you no longer have to supply fit notes as stated in your letter , maybe the system hadn't updated yet to shoe this, I would ring and get it cleared up
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I agree that you should ring. Once placed into one of the groups then no more fit notes are needed. While you're on the phone i'd also ask about any backdated money that you maybe owed. Whether you're owed anything will depend on when you first sent your first fit note and when your claim for UC first started. LCWRA element has a waiting period of 3 full UC assessment periods and this applies to most people.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debdeb13
    Ok Thank you  for reply will give them a ring 
  • debdeb13
  • debdeb13
    Hello  I phoned them and they are saying the reason I didn't get message is because no money owing  they said I don't need fit notes  any more but I've been sending in fit note since last July  any advice would be grate full thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    Are you sure the decision is LCWRA and not just LCW? Please check your journal again to see exactly what it says.

if it is LCWRA have you been sending in fit notes all this time with no breaks?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debdeb13
    Yes it lcwra 
  • debdeb13
    I've checked  all fit notes last one I sent in was dated 2 days later than previous 1 is this why  
  • debdeb13
    Sorry double checked no breaks in fitnote
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @debdeb13. On the decision letter can you copy the text over where it says which group you are in? 

Is your claim a single claim or a joint one and if it's joint is your partner receiving LCWRA?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • debdeb13
    Hello thanks for all your advice really appreciate it  I've now received first payment of lcwra  case manager looking into back payments for me so thank you to all of you 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's great @debdeb13. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.