Pip payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip payments

Options
bash99
bash99 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
My motabilty car was stolen, so while I waited for the Investigation I had a courtesy car. Long story short europcar tried to scam me so the car was picked up. I have now orderd a new car but it will be 3/4 weeks. Will I get my motabilty allowance till I get there car or no?
Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I would assume that you should receive the mobility payment while you wait for the new car but to be sure you'll need to ring DWP or motability to ask them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bash99
    Options
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bash99 Hello and welcome to the community. I am glad you have been advised. Please keep us informaed once you have an answer as this could help other members who query this. Thank you
  • bash99
    Options
    Hi, I phoned motability and they informed me that as soon as I received my car they will issue a payment to me within 2 weeks. ?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bash99 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear your car got stolen.  That is awful!  Glad to hear the good news about your motability payment though.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.