PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

Still waiting

vaughan21vaughan21 Member Posts: 6 Listener
I've been waiting 22 weeks now from when I started my claim I had assessment 3 weeks ago n I've still not heard anything 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. As you've now had your assessment you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

It can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer after the assessment has taken place.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 8,526 Disability Gamechanger
    @vaughan21 Hello and welcome, sorry you are feeling impatient, but 3 weeks from assessment isn't typically that long to wait for a decision , it all depends on backlog at that time and when your decision maker gets your case to the top of their pile. 

They will then take time to review all your case and get any further information if required. So it could take a while longer yet, but then again it may not, just a waiting game. 

Have you requesrted a copy of your report that will at least give you an indication of points you have been recommended, it isn't a final decision though 

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,267 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, as poppy 123456 has stated most awards are taking 6 to 8 weeks at best but please take her advice and request your assessment report then you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter from the DWP. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team, Scope community team Posts: 7,913 Scope community team
    I hope you hear soon @vaughan21. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.