Still waiting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still waiting

vaughan21
vaughan21 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I've been waiting 22 weeks now from when I started my claim I had assessment 3 weeks ago n I've still not heard anything 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. As you've now had your assessment you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

It can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer after the assessment has taken place.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @vaughan21 Hello and welcome, sorry you are feeling impatient, but 3 weeks from assessment isn't typically that long to wait for a decision , it all depends on backlog at that time and when your decision maker gets your case to the top of their pile. 

They will then take time to review all your case and get any further information if required. So it could take a while longer yet, but then again it may not, just a waiting game. 

Have you requesrted a copy of your report that will at least give you an indication of points you have been recommended, it isn't a final decision though 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, as poppy 123456 has stated most awards are taking 6 to 8 weeks at best but please take her advice and request your assessment report then you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter from the DWP. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope you hear soon @vaughan21. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.