Tate Modern coffee morning for parents & carers of disabled children — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tate Modern coffee morning for parents & carers of disabled children

Options
JimBeck
JimBeck Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Parents and carers of D/deaf, disabled and neurodiverse young people are invited to join A New Direction at Tate Modern for an informal coffee morning.

Led by artist Sobia Khan, who also has a child with a learning disability, the morning will be a chance for parents and carers to come together and chat in a relaxed, informal environment, and get stuck in with some art activities.

"Coffee and cake is my go-to fuel," says Sobia, "come join me and my kids as they run a tiny bit riot in a gallery that is theirs as much as any other neurotypical audience."

The event is free to attend, and the space is fully accessible. We're also pleased to offer all attendees complimentary tickets to Tate's Andy Warhol exhibition.

BOOK YOUR FREE PLACE HERE

This event is part of I Am At Tate Exchange Festival – a unique festival celebrating the creativity of D/deaf, disabled and neurodiverse children and young people, taking place at Tate Modern from 24-28 March.

Please note: while we encourage all attendees to bring their children along, the festival team cannot be responsible for the care of children during the event. Parents/carers must accompany their children at all times.

I Am Logo

Comments

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.