Timing, Timing....... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Timing, Timing.......

Laborador
Laborador Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
Hi There, 
I'm wondering if anyone can enlighten me, and find out if this is the usual situation. 
So, I had my letter telling me that my Pip was ending and "inviting" me to reapply, which I did in September. Pip ended 27/11 last year. My assessment was early December, and I'm still waiting for an answer. As everyone here knows, loosing Pip is financially devastating. 
Two things occur to me; all the information given from the government says "approximately twelve weeks from beginning to end of the process" and if this isn't the case, the information hasn't been updated to reflect current workloads and it really should be amended. The other thing I am curious about is whether this is now the norm. Or if this is down to regional differences. I'm in the East Midlands. (Well, everyone has to be somewhere). I've done all the obvious things, like called them and tried to seek advice but I'm no wiser, and I would love to be wiser.....

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi you normally get review forms 6 months prior to award ending unless award was given at tribunal then its 14 weeks. After assessment there are waiting times for decision which all depends on backlogs in the area. It's hard to advise specific timescales. Did you request the report after your assessment which will give you idea of points advised however this isn't final decision 
    Hope this helps 
  • Laborador
    Laborador Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Hi there, Thanks for that. 
    I didn't know about the different timescales relating to awards made at tribunal etc.That is really interesting. I wonder why that is? I have the report, (I'm not hopeful on those contents, I think I might have been at a different assessment) but I'm more interested in the reasoning anyway. I'm interested in how much decision timescales vary. There is so much that is unfair about the situation we find ourselves in, it would be nice to have a reasonable expectation of when it will descend. As the assessor left, she said I could expect to hear in four to six weeks. It is now 12. I'm interested to know how many weeks people wait. 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

One of the most common questions on any forum is timescales but there isn't any for any decision. The timescale they give you is just a guide and nothing more. Backlogs are just part the reason a decision can be delayed.

Hopefully not too much longer and if successfully awarded then it's backdated to the date it stopped.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.