ALL DONE A GOOD REASON TO RELAX — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ALL DONE A GOOD REASON TO RELAX

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Feeling pleased with my self the meal plans and freezer, fridge have been done .

I make own Sauces and Soups for the freezer. Fridge all vegetables blanched and part cooked.

Ready for Soup tonight or any time.

Bread wrapped up with Muffins, Crumpets.  Tin foil in to freezer.

Now this has been good and enjoyable creating magic for the freezer.

Lots of time savers.

Thought share.

@thespiceman
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow you have been busy , but all good prep to save time at later date. Did I read you ha d a new kitchen or cooker fitted, if so bet you are enjoying using your new appliances. Keep up the good work advising on nutrition and recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @janer1967   Thank you kind words new oven, slow cooker food processor all matching.

Been bought better Toaster, Kettle all Russell Hobbs all from Amazon, bargains.

I do this because on my own and if had a bad day and been not good.

Can and have simple food out of the freezer to eat, defrosted over night.

Soup tonight , learn this mid week Soup all the vegetables bought.  If near to sell by date make a Soup.

Does not have to be hard, I blitz up my Soups so it is liquid and add Chicken cooked or Beans.

Foods like Roots if cooked then need to add at end of any recipe.

I start off doing Slow Cooker using Ragu sauces defrosted from the freezer overnight.

Add Jar of Roasted Red Peppers and blitz with tub of Ragu Sauce.

Or anything else.

Then add Meat cover the rest use later for a Soup first course. 

Lose weight eating like this, add cooked veggies end to slow cooker and warm through.

Do this a lot.

Always here for any recipes or ideas or anything foodie.

What do you cook me it is Italian simple, sassy, sexy .

Being the Italian Stallion of the kitchen.

Hope you enjoy any thing I have on here , if you wish to adapt to your abilities.

Pleasure to talk to you, same to you keep up the good excellent work in your role.

Proud of all our Community Champions, love and peace.

The one and only @thespiceman legend in his own lunch time.  haaa.

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Tbh I dont like many Italian influenced food as I'm not really a tomato based sauce fan or lover of pasta or pizza. I prefer creamy sauces not good on the hips but I use creme Freche rather than cream .

I like making homemade soup been thinking of buying one of those soup makers.

I also like slow cooker pit it all in leave lol. I like stews and casseroles but also cook whole chicken in cloudy lemonade it makes it like sticky lemon chicken . I do gammon cooked in cola which gives light sweetness 

I have used slow cooker for rice pudding and sticky choc cakes too 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    If I was half as organised I'd be twice as happy  (if that makes any sense ! )
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• thespiceman
    Hello @janer1967   Thanks for sharing.

I am  happy to help with anything, soup makers looked on line expensive.

I usually use a slow cooker or use a stock pot and big one, on low right now. Hob slow cooks and turn it off.

You can buy Soup packs or Casserole veg all diced for you at most supermarkets.

Sofrito is a mix of Carrots, Celery Onion diced up for you add the cheat a Tin of Tomato Soup with stock cube or buy ready made stock tub.

Saucepan or Oven let it cook cool down and blender.

I would advise buy a Nutribullet this the new type of blender great for Soups, Sauces and anything like smoothie.

Spent loads of money on blenders plastic cheap ones. The problems are when blending not good at all.

You need to pass this through a sieve a fine mesh ones this is because you want the Soup to be fine, a liquid clear.

This what they do in restaurants, cafes any catering establishments. Chewing on bits of vegetable residue not tasty.

Mentioned do not like Tomato Sauces. These are full of lycopene an enzyme in Tomatoes known to prevent Cancer and are antibacterial.

Helps the body to fight infection and good for gut health.

The big issues with using Crème Fraiche or Cream is the calorific content of both.

Crème Fraiche full fat is still a concern in my opinion.

You could use Greek Yoghurt an alternative or Natural Yoghurt, lot lighter.

The problem is may be OK on the out side putting on weight but what is happening in side.

One other reason I eat Italian is the health side buying good quality vegetables less is more and simple to do.

Do recipes with beans and Pasta.  Cucina Provera means food of the poor.

Cheap, budget recipes cost not a lot, used the best ingredients I can afford.

I buy whole wheat Pasta and short shapes so if doing a Ragu can add straight to the stockpot or Oven, used many different ones makes a change from Potatoes.

Add in mixed Beans have a filling, nutritional meal healthy.

I know from my own experience and my own health always finding ways to help me still .

As I grow older and need the recipes to be simple and easy but healthy.

Best wishes.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @woodbine   Have to be organised no friends or family talk or see.

Just here speak to the ones on here my friends..

Need to have a structure or mental state reappears.

Freezer full more soup, any way if I can help with anything please ask.

Happy to give the tricks, tips the short cuts.

Get stressed a lot so need the organisation and planning.

This helps me every day.

Best wishes

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I agree with @woodbine, I wish I could be this organised. 

Would you say soups are the best meals to make ahead of time and freeze @thespiceman?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Adrian_Scope   Yes do not know if you have noticed our sell by dates getting shorter.

To optimise this freeze every thing you know is going to be going past the sell by date.

You can do this two ways Soup when I talk about Soup.

Not Chunky vegetables in a stock in the freezer, mean you cook on the hob the vegetables.

So for example Carrots Onions, Celery and Passata add stock cook add seasonings herbs chilli.

Please be careful blitz this up. Cool down blending sieve and well. Then sieve have the Soup but it is two way recipe

Because that is also a Ragu Sauce. Add that to Pasta.

Or  add to a blender again the Soup from the freezer defrosted add Jar of Roasted Red Peppers or got left over stock, veggies or bits left over Carcass Chicken or Roast use them in a Soup.

Add Carcass Chicken to a large pan cover with left over stock water and bring to boil, remove and the bits left over used in a Soup.

Left over Stock freeze then sieve it first.  Or add to your Soup.  Need to say make a lot of this.

Do this all over Italy Spain Greece and France Soups.

From left overs and veggies, stocks, sauces.

Sunday afternoon nothing on Tv boring day get the children involved or family.

Must add common place in Italian household around Sunday after Mass do this preperations for the week ahead time savers.

So you come home all done for you meal on the table now around half hour no preparation, all done.

Sunday your favourite chill out tunes some helping hands, my Italian friends used to make lots of vegetable based sauces and the veggies gardens all had gardens.

Blanched veggies chilled quickly in to zip bags and freezers. Labelled .

Memories of all the time visiting some weekends kitchen full of ladies and Nona's .

Grandmas no men allowed men were banished to the sheds or garages making Salissicia .

Homemade Sausages curing meat, one extra special time took me to some woods for Mushroom hunting , make their own Pasta, everything not wasted.

Those days drank wine a vision of my hostess going around emptied glasses in to a large saucepan and boil it up added to ice cubes trays and uses in Sauces.

Rarely went to supermarkets had Deli down the road and in the areas.

Oh forget always used to eat late if I ever got invited usually 10.30 pm most evenings.

So please hope you understand by doing this have a lot of money saved and used instead for other essential things or items you need.

Anything can help with happy to do so.

Lots of Soups easy ones on line or ask the Italian Stallion .

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness