Not had assessment after 6 months waiting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not had assessment after 6 months waiting

Tkool1
Tkool1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for pip October last year 2019 but i have not had an assessment  yet. I have phoned them and the response is, they have not got any appointment in my area. It is coming to 6 months now. Has anybody ever experience this long wait? Any response from anybody will be helpful.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Tkool1 and I'm sorry to hear this has taken so long. Unfortunately, there is no set timescale as it can depend on any backlogs in your area, fingers crossed you don't have to wait too much longer :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Some wait just a few weeks for the assessment whist others wait several months and more. It's perfectly normal to have to wait this long. The good news is, if it's a first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA then if successfully awarded you'll receive backdated money to the date you rang to start your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tkool1 - Welcome to the community from me too. I'm sorry you're having such a wait for your PIP assessment, but hope you can take some comfort that this can sadly happen from the above replies. I hope it doesn't take too much longer as I can appreciate the waiting for this must be hanging over you.
    Do please chat here any time, & let us know how you're getting on with your PIP 'journey.' :)

• LouiseH
    LouiseH Community member Posts: 96 Courageous
    Hi @Tkool1 welcome to the community. I hope you get news soon with an assessment date. Keep us posted with how you get on. :smile:
    Louise Hesketh
    Community Champion
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and wwelcome, you have already been given advise about your query so I wont add anything else, just wanted to say hello 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.