Daughter is in hospital, never claimed benefits, I have no idea how to help her — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daughter is in hospital, never claimed benefits, I have no idea how to help her

sandy100
sandy100 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My daughter, 35, who is currently in a Sussex hospital suffering a stressed related issue, has never claimed benefits, has been unemployed for some time, living on a boat, I have no idea how to help her, any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• desiderata
    desiderata Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    edited March 2020
    I can help. Nigel 
    [removed by moderator]
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sandy100   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Please if I can advise we have a member of our team who has expertise and knowledge on benefits .

@poppy123456 please can you help here.

Please can I ask a stress related condition if this is mental health your friend is suffering from.

Please consider the following mental health charities.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org

Can help with floating support, advice on mental health benefits form filling in and anything else.

Welfare, health, benefits.

Please might not be in all areas. Your friend can self refer or speak to a GP.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @thespiceman for the tag,

Hi and welcome @sandy100 I'm sorry to hear this. So i can advise you i'll need some information please because otherwise i'm unable to be able to help you further.

Firstly, how long has she been in hospital for? Also is she a single person, live with a partner that works or claims any other benefits? does she have dependent children? Before going into hospital did she work at all?

I'll happily advise you further once you've answered those questions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community its great to see you here. Poppy would be the best person to give you advice . I just wanted to say hello

@desiderata can you please edit your post we do not allow personal information on this site so can you remove your phine number pleass 

• desiderata
    desiderata Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Sorry never knew the rules. Nice to me you hope your ok and winning. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @sandy100 and welcome to the community. How are you and your daughter getting on?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.