I need urgent advise please regarding review form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need urgent advise please regarding review form

Cheekiecherry07
Cheekiecherry07 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all I lost my car in 2017 when changed to pip.  It’s now review time and I need help.  Loosing my car was detrimental or shall I say is.  What a battle I e become a loved inconvenience.  I really need my legs and lifeline back.  Second I need advice.  I was told on the phone if nothing has changed just write no change on the form no need to fill it in.  Is this statement correct?  That info came from the disability number given to call on a phone call it just seems too flippent however nothing’s altered except my mental well being and sheer desperation after loosing the car with an onset of pre diabetes which I would not be surprised was related to this strain.  Can someone advise please x

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, I am sorry to read how losing your car has had such a bad effect on you.

Poppy is our best advisor on PIP. I`m sure she`ll be along soon.

Very best wishes xx
  • Cheekiecherry07
    thank you so very much I was not at all certain that my request was posted.  Thank you ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I don't advise you to just write "no change" you should treat this claim as a new claim and write as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Send relevant evidence with the form to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You can't get better advice than that's what's given from poppy123456, saying that anybody who is due a renewal or review start building a folder of supporting evidence ready, all recent medical reports, diagnosis, physio and other information and start a daily dairy nearer the renewal time to give examples of your abilities in relation to the PIP descriptiors. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
     "Loosing my car was detrimental or shall I say is.  What a battle I e become a loved inconvenience.  I really need my legs and lifeline back."

@Cheekiecherry07 - Try and put the car to the back of your mind, as it's not really relevant here....

Concentrate on the reasons you qualify for the mobility component of PIP - i.e. 'following and planning journeys' and 'moving around'

Give examples of what you can/ can't do, and what aids and assistance you need.

Good luck ...
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome, take the advice given, when I had my review I followed advice I ticked no change if there wasn't any but still gave an explanation on how I was affected by each descriptor.

I ended up without having to have an assessment just a phone call from a decision maker to answer a few questions.

I was awarded higher rate for both elements which was more than my previous award. I did however have more disabilities than my initial award

Good luck

• Cheekiecherry07
    This is the issue I have in my mind.   Seem to recall the big form asking if you can read a map etc all of those questions to me and my result of loosing the car, seemed to imply if you can read a map can plan a route can read road signs you don’t need the car.  It just seems nonsensical to be allowed on the road if you can’t do those things.  I’d be a danger to road users if I basically couldn’t read a road sign.  I simply am over whelmed with this part.  ? x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Whether you'll score any points for following and planning a journey will depend on how your conditions affect you. If you're claiming PIP for physical reasons then it's the moving around part of PIP mobility that will apply to you. Whether you'll score any points here will depend on how far you're able to walk.

There's no question on the PIP2 form asking whether you can read a map.

Have a read of this link, it will give you more of an understanding of the PIP descriptors and what they mean.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cheekiecherry07
    Thank you everyone x
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    @Cheekiecherry07 - as Poppy says it's not about reading a map; all of my daughters would be on PIP if it was (!)

You must do what you think best but I genuinely believe it's best to forget about the car. None of the PIP mobility activities/ descriptors mention a car and you need to focus on how you meet these...

Good luck ...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.