Tinnitus — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tinnitus

Options
desiderata
desiderata Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
My brain is getting bashed up with tinnitus but on the good days I love life 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there I am glad you have joined us, I notice you posted on my wall. Nice to hear you love life and are positive. We have to adjust to our life as it is and make the most of it. It may be a rocky road to get there and that's what we are here for to support the community
  • desiderata
    Options
    I have a war going on with this tinnitus but we have truce days and a rest and a zest for life and when T is ready we go back to war. 
  • JenCo
    JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
    Options
    HI @desiderata
    (love the username, best poem ever)

Are you using tinnitus relief white noise? There are lots of sounds and playlists available to help people cope with relentless tinnitus. Might be worth some research? I use binaural meditation playlists from YouTube to help me cope when vertigo and tinnitus get me down (literally) Hope this or similar is helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sASdvTAblTE&t=56s
  • desiderata
    Options
    Hi Jenco
    Desiderata is the best ever. I am 5 years into tinnitus a veteran. I am in the 1% club who unfortunately have it chronic. But hey ho lets be happy. Having a good day the noise in my brain is bearable.
    Would love to help newbies just struck down with T as it is bloody brightening and suicidal thoughts in there droves. 
    Anyway whats the weather like where yiu are ?

• JenCo
    Options
    Thank goodness for bearable days. May they be plentiful and long lasting :)

I'm lucky tinnitus is intermittent for me and seems linked to my vestibular disorder. If I'm careful I can keep it at bay. Mostly. 

Rainy here but very pretty! The garden is soaking it up and better weather is on the way. I can't wait! There's a basketball court not far from me so I'm looking forward to getting the sunshine back. In the meantime, my cat is loving this cuddle weather so all is well. How about you?
  • desiderata
    Options
    Raining heavy but good for my garden and bulbs that I planted. Want to go for a walk take my mind of T but will have to wait for weather to ease up. I am retired due to T. Gets a bit lonely so joined this sit . 
  • JenCo
    Options
    There are good folks here and plenty of discussions and polls to take your mind off things :)

Clear and frosty this morning! Ideal walking weather. 
    I say ideal.... Ideal for lovely walks in nature... not the short walk from my car to the office where I slipped on frost and nearly went over on my butt :lol:

Hope today is a good one @desiderata

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @desiderata   Pleased to meet you.

This might help you.

British Tinnitus Association

https://www.tinnitus.org.uk.

Telephone 0114 250 9933

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @desiderata and thank you for your post. How are you doing?

Brightness