Anyone follow the stock market? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone follow the stock market?

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
2nd biggest faller today: Capita

Share price down over 40% today

Comments

• Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    I never usually follow but it is interesting to see how many billions are being lost. Is this real money or paper chase money? How many of the billionaires/multi millionaires will lose! None it will be the pension pots of the ordinary person who will subsidies and when the stocks return high who again will be the winner
  • desiderata
    desiderata Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    I followed a lorry once full of stock going to the market. So yeah I do follow the stockmarket. Wouldn't advise it as I ended up doing 3 years in Parkhurst. 
  • 66Mustang
    Bridget14 said:
    I never usually follow but it is interesting to see how many billions are being lost. Is this real money or paper chase money? How many of the billionaires/multi millionaires will lose! None it will be the pension pots of the ordinary person who will subsidies and when the stocks return high who again will be the winner
    Not sure I have sympathy with either if they have shares in Capita? :D
  • 66Mustang
    I followed a lorry once full of stock going to the market. So yeah I do follow the stockmarket. Wouldn't advise it as I ended up doing 3 years in Parkhurst. 
    Just thought it would be relevant to this forum as it’s about Capita. Sorry if my post offended you?
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    not doing s well now, eh?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Be interesting to see how things continue in the stock market. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Depends if government bails out all the industries crying out for funding or whether they make the millionaires and billionaires who own or part own the companies use their money.
    Personally I would like the government to pay money direct to workers who will be left high and dry to be able to live. Rather than bail out the companies. We saw what happened when the banks bailed out it was the people who paid the price through austerity.

Brightness