Advice needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice needed

Rascat0108
Rascat0108 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hello all

i had my f2f assessment, I selected the can walk 50 but no more than 200 metre box which would award me four points 

however I have just had the assessors report through and she has ticked the can walk 20 metre but no more than 50 box, this would award me 12 points.

my question is what will the decision maker do? Will they award 12 based on her report or will they award 4 based on my questionnaire? 

Comments

• Rascat0108
    Hello all

i had my f2f assessment, I selected the can walk 50 but no more than 200 metre box which would award me four points 

however I have just had the assessors report through and she has ticked the can walk 20 metre but no more than 50 box, this would award me 12 points.

my question is what will the decision maker do? Will they award 12 based on her report or will they award 4 based on my questionnaire? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome Its nice to welcome you here. Its hard to say what the decision maker will do as its their decision, in most cases they go with the assessors report but as this is conflicting with the form you completed they may seek some clarity. Did the assessor see you walk or just ask you questions about walking ?

I hope another member can give you more specific advice , if not it will just be a matter of waiting to see what has been awarded 

• Rascat0108
    The assessor added on her report that after observing me walk it is unrealistic to suggest I could walk more than 50 metere.

i hardly ever leave home so barely walk anywhere except room to room I explained that to her during the assessment so I wasn’t sure what too put.

thanks for your reply hopefully I’ll get awarded the 12 points ! 
  • Kev2020
    Kev2020 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hi welcome to the group.
    From my experience the decision is based mostly on the face to face. If the health professional has stated you can walk 20m it should be reflected in the award.
    Do let us know how you get on
    Kev 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If the assessor observed you walking then it should go in your favour I would think as it is hard for you to judge how far you can walk, and also remember its also about how often you can complete each activity reliably and safely and repeated . If you explained you only walk from room to room and don't go out or walk outside then that will be what the assessor has based her points on
  • Rascat0108
    Thanks both, I really didn’t know what to put on the form maybe I should have selected the high point one she has put in her assessment as it is the most likely. Every step I take is agony. Just got to hope the DM goes off assessors report. I couldn’t find anything about this sort of thing as I understand most people tend to get marked down not up! 

Fingers crossed as if I get 12 I would be able to get an adapted car and actually leave the house! 
  • Kev2020
    Let us know how you get on ?
  • Rascat0108
    I forgot to mention she told me that they normally do a physical test as part of the assessment but that she was not going to ask me to do any of them as I was clearly in pain just sitting.

is this a good thing ??! Just never know I’m so anxious about it and it’s all new to me.

She states on the report no physical exam given as in my opinion would further exasperate symptoms and she is clearly in constant pain 
  • Kev2020
    That sounds very positive. It also sounds like the assessor was able to see your needs without putting you through lots of tasks.
    All sounds good to me. If you need any help when you get the decision just let us know 

?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello. The decision makers at the DWP mostly go with the recommendations In the assessment report so going by your post you should get enhanced mobility awarded. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.