What is wrong with the scooter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is wrong with the scooter?

Clodhopper
Clodhopper Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My Quingo scooters batteries ( approx 1 year old ) appear to be Knackered. The cost of replacement  is high and surely they should last longer than that? They don't want to charge up higher than two bars on the screen. What is wrong with the scooter?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Clodhopper and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your mobility scooter. Unfortunately, it would be difficult to predict the cause of it not working, have you contacted the place you got it from? Or the make?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Clodhopper   Pleased to meet you.

Sorry to hear this. I would have thought you would have to take the scooter to the dealer you bought it off.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clodhopper, how are you getting on?
    Scope

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello , most scooter batteries will last, or should last a few years if charged after daily usage and the regular charging will keep the batteries in good condition. My present scooter I charge daily as I cover 5 to 7 miles daily even if the battery gauge shows no discharge, you can’t overcharge your batteries. My scooter has a warning bleeper when the batteries need charging I let this happen several times a year to help prolong and extend the batteries life. If you had scooter from new look in your instruction book it may say how long the batteries are covered under a warranty, guarantee ect , if not contact your dealer for advice.

Brightness