Could someone please explain this to me regarding rates — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Could someone please explain this to me regarding rates

Andybriggs03
Andybriggs03 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
[Removed by moderator]

Thankyou, also what kind of back pay would I be looking at also do I get extra on my esa. 

Thanks. 

Andrew 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Great news. It's standard for daily living and mobility. This will be £58.70 per week daily living and £23.20 per week mobility. Worked out as about 72 weeks up until a few days before the decision was made will be £5,846 back dated. It can take between 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money so that amount is just a guide and is likely to increase a little.

Whether you're entitled to receive extra money with your ESA will totally depend on your circumstances, such as which ESA you're claiming, is it New style ESA, Contributions based or Income related and do you live alone or classed as living alone?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Andybriggs03
    Hi wow thats alot, im in the support group and its the esa what most people go on (contribution based) ?? its the normal esa never new there was a new style

wonder what the chances will be for them to take it back to tribunal if there not happy with there decision.

thanks for the reply

Andrew
  • poppy123456
    If you're receiving £111.65 per week then it's contributions based. If it's a single person's claim on Income related then it's £128.45 per week.

You also didn't answer my question, do you live alone or with a partner?

DWP can't appeal a Tribunal decision just because they aren't happy. There's needs to be an error in law before they can appeal. First they have to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings and they have 1 month to do. When they receive it they have to find the error in law. They sometimes request these but rarely appeal it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Andybriggs03
    i live alone and i get about 250.00 a fortnight
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for answering that. Then once your award is put into payment you need to ring ESA and claim the severe disability premium (SDP) this is an extra £65.85 per week and is paid in with your ESA. It can be backdated to the start of your PIP award, if you've lived alone the whole time. See link. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

All your backdated money is disregarded for savings for 1 year from the date you receive it.

If you're claiming housing benefit and council tax reduction, once the award is put into payment then you should also ring them to tell them about your PIP award.

• Andybriggs03
    what an extra 65.85pw on top of the 250.00pw i get now so this will be about 10 thousand all together?? i must be wrong with my numbers.
  • poppy123456
    Your ESA will be £194.30 per week with the SDP included, which is £388.60 every fortnight. Backdated money will be approx £10,500. Do be aware that this disability premium is not automatically paid so please do ring ESA once your PIP award is in payment and ask to claim it over the phone. It's the IS10 form that will need to be filled in.
  • Andybriggs03
    that is absolute nuts lol and i will ring them cheers for that......wow crazy.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Treat yourself to something nice and enjoy that backdated money.
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Sounds like you have just made Andy's day, @poppy123456  :)
  • anisty
    Sorry i dont know how i got nbsp on the tag!
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Enjoy! Congratulations on your win.
  • Andybriggs03
    Made me day, made me bloody year ? 
  • neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Good on you Andy glad you won at tribunal.
  • poppy123456

I'm sure it did lol. Remember to treat yourself because it's fully disregarded for all means tested benefits for 1 year. After that time if it increases your total savings to more than the minimum amount your benefits will be reduced. £16,000 and over and you won't be entitled to any means tested benefits.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Andybriggs03, in the interest of protecting your personal information, I've removed the images you posted above. If you need any help cropping these of sensitive information before posting again, please email them to community@scope.org.uk
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • anisty
    Ha ha! That made me laugh! Enjoy your riches :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.