P.I.P decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P decision

catseyesdd
catseyesdd Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi , after sending in my P.I.P form in early September 2019 i had my assessment early December , still no decision as of February 12th 2020 so approx 6 months from the start of the process . I've telephoned DWP today and they say it's still not been decided , 9 weeks after the assessment , does anyone know what the time-scale is please ?  Thank you in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

There's no timescales for any decision, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Whilst the timescale after your assessment does seem to be rather a long time, if your report was sent to audit then this can delay the decision making process considerably. I would guess that your report was audited and this caused a delay with it being returned to DWP. A decision can't be made until both reports are sent back.

If the report has now been returned and you live in the UK you can ring to request a copy of that to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • catseyesdd
    Hi again , they sent me a letter dated December 24th which said they have all the information they need and that it has been sent to the decision makers. I have a copy of the assessment report , there were a number of questionable remarks so i wrote a letter explaining my side , for example on the day of the assessment to assessor could see i was in pain and said she wouldn't do the physical assessment as she didn't want to hurt me , in the report it says i refused to do it . I'm getting quite stressed over all this , i just wish it was all over , thank you for your reply 
  • poppy123456
    Personally the letter they send that says they have all the information they need is just another process that is completely pointless. All it does is stress people even more. Even after that letter is sent it can still take 8 weeks and sometimes longer. It’s a standard letter that doesn’t really mean anything at all.

As you received the report did you look for the dots and use the PIP descriptors online to see what score may have been recommended? If you didn’t, then I’d advise you to do that. They mostly go with the report.

With the lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report. You can’t prove What did it didn’t happen during the assessment because it will be your word against the HCP’s. Complaints should be sent to the health assessment providers. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • blue32
    blue32 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    I had mine Friday rang yesterday report is there the guy told me 2weeks for decision I rang again today and again requested my report hthen asked how long this one told me 6weeks 6 and half a dozen I guess
  • poppy123456
    blue32 said:
    I had mine Friday rang yesterday report is there the guy told me 2weeks for decision I rang again today and again requested my report hthen asked how long this one told me 6weeks 6 and half a dozen I guess

There's no timescales for any decision. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. It can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • Angie321
    Angie321 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I applied for PIP on 24th October,  I  had my assessment  on 13th January, I received a copy of my report within 5 days of asking for it. I contacted them to ask how long it would be with decision maker and was told it would be early March so I would be thinking the latter end of the average 2-8 weeks before you hear anything.
  • Justcause2
    Justcause2 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    edited February 2020
    Hi I am migrating to PIP, Form in to the DWP last week of August, Home assessment 21st of November then it went to audit,recieved the Assesment  report  on the 19th of December,we have all the information letter on the 3rd of January(Christmas delay),still waiting for a decision from the DWP as of now,I have been told 8-12 weeks from originally 6 weeks,
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Justcause2 and a very warm welcome to the community! I really hope you get a decision soon!
    Scope

• Rainbows43
    Rainbows43 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited February 2020
    They have a huge backlog , I put in a change early august. F2f 27th nov and still no decision. Although I have a copy of the report.

Their telling me its roughly 14 weeks atm. 
  • Justcause2
    Thankyou for the warm welcome Chloe.
    The Pa4 assessment  report  Recommends Enchanced on both with a prognosis of No review recommend. 
    If The DM/CM was to go with the HCP report  this is slightly higher than my current DLA award.
    As it's a DLA to PIP switch over correct me if I'm wrong but there would be no back pay as I believe they go with the decision date which is different to new claims which go with the  earlyer date of the start of the application?
    So the cinic in me thinks it is in their interest to delay an award as much as possible but in reality it's most probably the system that isn't fit for purpose.?
    Kind Regards JC.
  • poppy123456
    @Justcause2 you are correct, if they decision goes with the report then you won’t receive any backdated money. Your PIP will start approximately 7 weeks after the decision is made. This is because you’ll receive a final payment of DLA and then your first PIP 3 weeks after that.

There’s no timescales for decisions. 
  • catseyesdd
    Thank you all for replying , just heard I have been awarded standard rate for both , it's taken 6 months from start to finish and I'm so released its all over now 
  • catseyesdd
    Sorry I meant  relieved , damn predictive text ?
  • poppy123456
    Great news :)
  • Rainbows43
    Rainbows43 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    edited February 2020
    Congratulations :smile:
    Still waiting here , just going into week 13 from f2f & 28 weeks from forms put in. 

catseyesdd said:
    Thank you all for replying , just heard I have been awarded standard rate for both , it's taken 6 months from start to finish and I'm so released its all over now 

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    I have my award but it took over 12 weeks from the date of my f2f, they sat 4-6 weeks but after I called them I was told 8-10 weeks
  • Justcause2
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for your reply poppy and Congratulations catseyesdd??
    My journey is still ongoing  as of Now nearly 12 weeks since my file was passed from the assesment provider to the DWP.
    Any news on your cases Rainbows43 and susan48??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.