Dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to pip

sandwich
sandwich Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I started my change from idefinate dla to pip September 2019 had my assesment in December it's now march I 2020 I'm an amputee due to vascular disease also suffered a Tia  had surgery on my carotid artery also having problems with my subclavian artery which supplies blood to my arm the waiting as also compounded my my anxiety and depression it's like mental torture although my dla is being paid I just want an answer now any advice would be greatly appreciated I've felt suicidal at times the stress of it all as been overwhelming 

Comments

• anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Have you called DWP and asked for a copy of your assessment report?

I finally did this yesterday and im so glad i did. I waited slightly over 20 mins for them to answer my call (i called about 1.30pm yesterday)

The man who answered was very friendly and told me i wont hear a final decision til at least end of april (no face to face but assessment done 5th feb)

And i asked for the report, he said he would get that sent out.

It isnt a final decision but, apparently, the assessor puts black dots against the descriptors you have scored on. you can add these and it will give a good idea of what your award will be.

I had been very reluctant to phone and request this but i have to say it was very easy.

Go for it! 
  • sandwich
    Thanks anisty my assessment was December 2nd  still no descion just wondering if it is normal for it to take 3 months it's the not knowing what's making me ill just want to know one way or another I rang a month ago and a nice lady said it's being processed and it might be two weeks before I get a letter as I said that was a month ago the stress is killing me I'm finding it so hard would you ring again 
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Yes, i think they have big backlogs.

Definitely ring again and ask for a copy of your assessment report. They can post that out and you will have it in the next few days
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sandwich, I'm really sorry to hear this has caused you to feel suicidal. Is this something you have spoken to your GP about?

The community is here to create a supportive network, but unfortunately we are not trained in mental health. It's important that you reach out to a professional who can support you during this time. You are important to us.

You can call the Samaritans free on 116 123. Alternatively you can text SHOUT to 85258 which will put you in touch with a trained volunteer.

Please do keep in touch.
    Scope

• sandwich
    Hi chloe I've seen my doctor and a councillor but the stress of not knowing it's like a form of mental torture sure they do it on purpose 3 month since assesment it's a joke just need to know one way or another 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sandwich, I'm glad you are in touch with people who can support you. I fully appreciate how stressful it can be when waiting for a decision. I hope asking for the report can give you some answers while you are waiting.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.