UCD35 sent again, after original was already awarded months ago — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UCD35 sent again, after original was already awarded months ago

Egonieser
Egonieser Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, I'm disabled and currently receive UC with LCWRA along with PIP. 
I moved to UC from ESA and got it fully awarded in December after a work capability assessment and all the usual stuff.
Recently had to renew my PIP too which went alright, but today I got a UCD35 - form for work capability assessment even though I already get it in full and went through the process some months ago. 
What does this mean? Is it just a mistake on their part or has my disability component of UC been stopped? I'm scared beyond belief. I have bills and rent coming out soon, even though I left a message on their journal, nobody has gotten in touch with me nor have there been any previous references to why I would need another assessment just few months apart.

Does the assessment need to be carried out every few months or something? Or perhaps my PIP reassessment has had any impact on having to be reassessed for UC? I'm scared for my finances and I can't find any information online and the staff are extremely slow to respond.

Has anyone experienced this before? What does it mean?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

For the work capability assessment you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months, so if it's longer than this since you were last assessed then you will need to fill it in and return it with all your relevant evidence to support your claim.

Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them.

Your PIP award will have had no impact on your LCWRA award because they are different benefits, with different criteria.

Your LCWRA element of UC will continue until a decision's been made on the review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Egonieser
    Egonieser Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    3 months? Is that a normal occurance? For PIP I get reassessed every 3 years, 3 months is a ridiculous amount of time. How am I supposed to constantly get supporting evidence all the time?

Thank you kindly for the answer. Guess I have to prepare for the worst.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
     My advice was you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months. Not everyone is reassessed every 3 months, some people go 1, 2 , 3 or even 4 years without a review. Timescales are just a guide for the work capability assessment.

When you fill out the form make sure you put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. If you know the reasons why you were placed into that group and those reasons still apply then concentrate on that. See link for LCWRA descriptors. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/3904-limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

If none of those apply then maybe substantial risk applies to you. Details here. https://wcainfo.net/issues/substantial-risk-lcwra

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.