PIP F2F Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP F2F Assessment

Options
MoochingMinnie
MoochingMinnie Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hello Everyone,

I made a claim for PIP in June 2019 and finally had my PIP F2F assessment in my home last Wednesday (4th March).  I've had mental health issues all my life but more pronounced in the last 10 years (formally diagnosed with Mixed Anxiety and Depressive Disorder and Social Anxiety in 2012 after observation and assessment on a psychiatric ward).  

After my PIP F2F assessment I can't stop worrying and constantly keep googling what happens next? Constantly going over what I said but can't remember exactly.  What if it's declined?  I have no income whatsoever and I'm terrified of becoming homeless.  I resigned from my job in October 2019 after another meltdown (observed in A&E then received home visits from the mental health team in my local area).  Daren't apply for UC as it has such bad press and I can't get to appointments.

On Tuesday I received a text from the DWP stating that they had received my PIP assessment report and read somewhere that you can ask for a copy of your assessment; I just want to make sure they didn't lie.  At what point can I make this request for a copy of the assessment?

If they decline the claim I really don't know what to do and suicide ideation is stronger than ever at the moment (apologies if this is too much information, but I'm scared to death).

Any information and/or advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated (just so that I can stop googling and getting hooked on reading all the negative information I keep finding online).

Many thanks in advance,

Minnie

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

As the report has now been returned you can ring DWP to request your copy, providing you like in the UK. If you live in Northern Ireland then you'll have to wait for a decision before you can request the report.

Once you receive the report take a look at the dots next to the activities/descriptors and use the PIP descriptors online to see what points may have been recommended. Points in the report will not be added because it's just a recommendation. They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Of course you'll have to wait for a decision to be made and this can take between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. Once a decision's been made they will send you a decision letter. If successfully awarded usually you receive backdated money before a letter.

If you're not successfully awarded then you'll have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.

You also mention that you have no income. Do you live a lone or with a partner that works or claims other benefits. Do you own or rent your own home? Difficult to give any advice regarding other benefit entitlement without knowing your circumstances. For this reason i'd advise you to visit a local advice agency near you for a full benefits check. This link will tell you what's local to you, if you put your postcode into it. https://advicelocal.uk/

Hope this helps. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MoochingMinnie - I just wanted to welcome you to the community as I see you've already received great advise from Poppy. You'll know more when you get a copy of your assessment report from the DWP, which should be sent out quickly.
    Do try not to make yourself worse looking online to see people's PIP experiences, as people write when they feel it's not been good, & you rarely hear from people who have been successfully awarded as they have no complaints, nor questions to ask.
    Also know that we will help & support you in any way we can. Please let us know how you get on. :)

• MoochingMinnie
    MoochingMinnie Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Thanks for your warm welcomes and quick replies, much appreciated!

Poppy123456

Thanks again for your response.  I've contacted the DWP and asked for a copy of the PIP assessment and they said it would be posted out (I live in England).  Never having claimed any benefits before this is all very new to me and it's a bit of a minefield (already taken 9 months to have the F2F assessment).  Suppose it's a waiting game from now.

I live alone, rent and don't have anyone who can support me financially.  Thanks for the link, I'll check and see what, if anything, I might be able to claim, especially if PIP is declined.  The Mandatory Reconsideration just looks like an uphill battle, not sure if I'm up to it, but thanks for the information, something to consider.

Chiarieds 

Sage advice and thank you for the warm welcome.  I agree it's time to stop catastrophising and wait to see what happens.  Will definitely keep you posted once I receive the outcome (good or bad).

Very best wishes,

Minnie
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MoochingMinnie, I don't have any further advice to add, but I just wanted to welcome you to the community. :)

Pleas do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    edited March 2020
    Options
    .... especially if PIP is declined.  The Mandatory Reconsideration just looks like an uphill battle, not sure if I'm up to it...

I resigned from my job in October 2019 
          Just to say that the assessing companies make great use of cut and paste in their assessment reports. The same stock responses and phrases occur again and again and again.  Because of this, try not to take the report too personally. 
         I hope and trust you get the right outcome, but if the report is flawed, please do challenge it. Your local advice agency may be able to help you with an appeal.
        Do let us know the decision. 

On a different topic you may be eligible for NEW STYLE ESA, depending on your NI contributions in the last two tax years. 
       https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-employment-and-support-allowance

I would strongly suggest (per poppy) getting a benefit check from your local advice agency if you have no current income.
    If you need to claim UC to help with housing costs, you may be able to get help with the application process:
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/About-Us/News/Help-to-claim

Your LA may be able to help with Council Tax reduction.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/help-if-on-a-low-income/help-with-your-council-tax-council-tax-reduction/council-tax-reduction-making-an-application/council-tax-reduction-who-can-apply/

It is much better to access what help you can now. Please take care of yourself.

Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.