SSCS1 DLA. They've messed up! Help! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SSCS1 DLA. They've messed up! Help!

MrsChiza
MrsChiza Community member Posts: 1 Listener
The title says it all really. I sent the SSCS1 form along with the MR notice and last week I received a confusing letter addressed to my son (the appeal is on his behalf, he is 8, I am his appointed person), with the NI number being documented as his DLA reference number and an attached notice to prove he is appointed person. It made no sense at all but was clearly a mess up at the point of scanning. I filled the form in correctly so it was very worrying. I phoned the SSCS1 helpline and they couldn't do a thing because my NI number and details didnt fit into their security screen (they would if they had done it right in the first place). I was told to send an email, which I did but have received an email saying it takes them 10 days to deal with each email. This will take me well over the month threshold, although I sent my documents in time. It's all very confusing and the helpline staff are less than useless. 

Does anyone have any advise? I am at a loss. 

Thank you

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, sorry to hear of your problems, I would phone DWP and request an extension period for your MR explaining your reasons, I can't see them refusing your request as it's their fault. Keep the cummunity updated on your son's MR. 
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    MrsChiza said:
     I phoned the SSCS1 helpline and they couldn't do a thing because my NI number and details didnt fit into their security screen (they would if they had done it right in the first place). I was told to send an email, which I did but have received an email saying it takes them 10 days to deal with each email. This will take me well over the month threshold, although I sent my documents in time. It's all very confusing and the helpline staff are less than useless. 

Does anyone have any advise? I am at a loss. 

Thank you
        I would just confirm with HMCTS that the appeal has been lodged (which I'm sure it has as mikehughescq has explained), and re-inforce that you are the appointee.

So, you don't need to worry about the one month deadline - it's with HMCTS.

Double check your copy of the SSCS1 form you sent.
     Did you perhaps put your son's details in Section 2 rather than Section 3 of the form?  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.