Need help for depression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help for depression

Options
joco1988
joco1988 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2020 in Mental health and wellbeing
I'm new to this group. Before I use to never join or even scan through these sites but now after my accident I have learned a tough lesson. I've become more considerate and have started empathizing with people in difficult situations. Mine was a major accident with multiple injuries at my back and shoulder. I luckily escaped a head injury. I was brought to the hospital from the forest where I had gone for trekking with my friends. I slid and rolled and fell on my back from great heights. The doctors immediately worked on my back first which was fractured and later on fixed my shoulder. It took me 2 years to recover but still, I need to do physiotherapy. As my physiotherapist was a little far from my home I opted for a chiropractor near me and it helped me in total recovery. I'm a little depressed these days so I'm looking for a psychologist to help me mentally to support me. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @joco1988   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.  We guide, advise and help members of our Community.

Please may I suggest and advise mentioned depression, I have mental health issues.

Advise and offer information those on the forum needing a lot of compassion and empathy with sensitivity .

You could apply to these mental health charities.

I used all three.

They do the following advise, guide and help your problems. Coping methods, strategies.  

Offer floating support, benefit, employment, health, welfare and well being information, guidance, advice and anything else you may have problems with.

Take clientele with additional disabilities or conditions or illness.

Might not be in all areas.  You can self refer or speak to your Gp.

I would speak to your GP any way should be doing that. Do have a range of solutions, and answers.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

Please consider these . Also one point if you having problems with medical professionals, Doctors.

Use RETHINK, an advocate charity  represent you on your behalf speak for you .

Some thing else if this helps as well . Reassurance self esteem back used before Community Health Unit your local County Council has a wellbeing unit.

Involves one to one clientele all free and they look at diet, fitness, health plans suited for you. Sign post or refer you to services.

I used them after addiction needed advice, guidance information on my health.

Please ask any questions happy to be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • joco1988
    joco1988 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you for providing with these sites and information. I'll surely get in touch with these people. To tell you the truth I'm relieved to know that I can get help easily. 
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community @joco1988  The community is a lovely bunch. We’re here for you if you need us.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @joco1988   Pleasure to do so anytime.

Please if I can help with anything else. Mental health please do.

Offer diet, nutrition advice and guidance, well being plus other essential information.

Very important small changes help depression.

Major one is being sensible eating small snack light bites have lots of recipes on here .

I contribute add a lot, simple Soups freezer friendly for those days not hungry.

Avoid Caffeine in Tea, Coffee, Cola, Chocolate.

No Alcohol when depressed consume more making symptoms worse.

A stimulant in all of them.

Whole grain Bread, Pasta, Rice. Beans Pulses.

Fruit and Vegetables, Lean meat.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @joco1988, have you spoken to your GP about this? They should be able to refer you.
    Scope

Brightness