Capita assessor lied -Please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita assessor lied -Please help

Options
MissH1501
MissH1501 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello everyone,
I am not new on here exactly I have been reading for months but this is my first post.
Two weeks ago an assessor came to my home to carryout the assessment which took less that half hour though he stated it took fourty-five mutinies.
Today I received a copy of my assessment through the post which I requested last week after reading other peoples advice on here.
The assessment states that I was accompanied by my mother (my mother lives hours away and was in work that day so she was not there and in-fact  no one was with me I was on my-own)
He also states that I was appropriately dressed for the circumstances (I was wearing the same pajamas that I had been wearing for over a week - It was a very bad week I wasn't sleeping my hair was greasy and am ashamed to admit that I had not bathed that week either)
He also observed that I was not fatigued ( like I said I my sleep had been very poor that week and had actually been awake for more than two days consecutively and had black bags under my eyes)
He also said I reached over a side board to get my medication box while he was there (my medication is always in my bag I have dogs one of which jumps and chews everything which is why my meds would never be accessible to her)
He states that I was calm and relaxed ( I was very far from it, had taken diazepam before he got there and was on edge the whole time could not look at him for most of the assessment because I feel so ashamed to be in this situation  when he asked about suicide I did cry a bit but was trying to get through)
He stated that I followed the process of the assessment demonstrating good cognition, ( I dont understand what this means of course I can answer questions there was no real process to follow )
Just for you guys to have an idea about me 
I have hashimotos disease, fibromyalgia, severe anxiety PTSD and a condition known as hypophosphatasia (rare genetic condition relating to bones)

This is just the observations section of course I will create another post for other parts otherwise it would be far too long to keep anyone reading...  
Anyone else had this level of fabrication on their observations? are the getting a bonus for causing us more anxiety and stress?
Thank you to all who read and comment xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

The length of time the assessment takes doesn't really matter to be honest. If you look at the report you'll find dots next to the descriptors/activities. Use the PIP self test to see what score may have been recommended, they usually go with the report. It's rare to go against it.

Please be aware also that PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

You'll still have to wait for a decision to be made but if you're not happy once it has then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Send relevant evidence with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.

I realise it's extremely annoying when you read all the lies/contradictions in the report but i'd advise you against mentioning any of those. You can't prove what did or didn't happen during the assessment and this isn't going to get you a PIP award because they won't be interested in any of those. Any complaints you have regarding the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.

There's no timescales for decisions but hopefully you won't be waiting too long.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MissH1501
    MissH1501 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply Poppy,
    I know I will have to wait for the decision and that it is how conditions effect that counts, In all honesty I just really needed to talk to someone ( a contradiction to my usual state).
    The effects on me so far are:
    I live with my ex husband because I am not fit to live on my own.
    He cooks for me, does all the cleaning, collects my meds and even runs my bath (he reminds me to bathe otherwise I would not).
    If I need to go to the doctors or hospital he takes me or my friend takes me as I can go outside myself - my chest tightens and I feel I can breath so have not left the house on my own for almost six months now.
    I dont sleep enough on average I sleep half of a week and have insomnia the other half.
    Other than my ex one friend and close family I have not seen or spoken to anyone other than medical professionals and this assessor for months.
    Hashimotos since my early teens resulting in severe depression and stiffness and pain all over my body with similar results fro fibro.
    I know that complaining about the things such as him saying my mother was there when she was not is folly as it is his word against mine, I have and always had real difficulty with lying I know nobody likes it but it has a horrible effect on me I am not able to deal with it at all.
    One of the reasons my ex is my ex , small insignificant lies that most people would brush off but for some reason I cant it almost has a physical effect its weird.
    Thank you for the advice and your time.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MissH1501, I'm sorry to hear things have been really difficult. It sounds like you have a lot to contend with at the moment. Just wanted to check in and see how you were. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.