Receiving backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Receiving backpay

oakridge
oakridge Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hope you're all good.
Going by my phone records, I called pip and requested an application 5/11/19. I had my assessment 25/2/20 and received a text stating they had received my report 27/2/20. 
Going by the report I've managed to score 8 points for daily living, so it looks like I'm getting standard if the decision maker agrees. 
After mooching through here it seems I should be backdated to the November date, however after speaking to someone that's recently been through it all, they've started that they didn't receive back pay to the point of first contact. Just wondering which it is, or is it a case of depends where you live or some other crazy reason. Only reason I ask is I've worked it out to be a backpayment of xxx which, will greatly help in me gaining some mobility in the form of a second hand car.
Thanks for bearing with me and your help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,907 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If it's a first time PIP claim and you're not transferring from DLA then it's backdated to the date you first rang to start your claim. Does matter where in the country you are, the rules are still the same, providing you had the condition for at least 3 months when you rang to start your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • oakridge
    oakridge Community member Posts: 9 Listener
     Cheers for that. Yes it's a new first claim. So person I was talking to may have been transfering.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,907 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. Quite possibly, yes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.