Costocondritis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Costocondritis

Options
kate35
kate35 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone im new here i got diagnosed with costocondritis last week after been in pain sice christmas when i got a bad flu, im realy suffering with it and was wondering if anyone else has this xxx

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @kate35 and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a lot of pain. I've not heard of Costochondritis before, nor have I seen it mentioned here on the community before. However, lots of people join the community every day so hopefully you will find someone else in a similar situation.

If theres anything else that we can help you with, then please do let us know :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to have you with us @kate35. :)
    Scope

• mumo3
    mumo3 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi @kate35
    I was diagnosed with costochondritis last year after a chest infection. It does get better. It's inflammation where the ribs meet the sternum and can be really painful even to breathe.  I'd use a warm not hot, hot water bottle and take your painkillers, Ibuprofen helped me but some people can't take it. Most importantly rest and don't lift anything too heavy or do anything too strenuous. 
    I hope this is helpful. Feel better soon
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    A very warm welcome to the community @mumo3! Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Scope

• mumo3
    mumo3 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi @ Chloe_Scope thank you very much for your warm welcome! I wish I'd known about this community sooner. Better late than never I guess?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Great to have you with us. :)

I hope you find it helpful @mumo3
    Scope

• katienewmedltd
    katienewmedltd Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Have you thought at using a PEMF device or having some PEMF treatment?
  • Kit_
    Kit_ Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    I had costochondritis a while ago. It feels absolutely rubbish but if you avoid lifting things or using your core it should get better. The thing I struggled with was continuing to avoid the things that aggravated it after the pain stopped because you have to leave it a few extra weeks or it might flare up again. It's inflammation so follow general advice for inflammatory pain and you should feel better.
    You posted this a couple of weeks ago so how are you doing now?

Brightness