Changed from esa cb to esa ib — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changed from esa cb to esa ib

robbie23568
robbie23568 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hi in January this year i recieved a letter from DWP stating as my wife gets carers allowance i was on the wrong esa ,i have been on cb since 2011 and now told i am being put on esa ib,is this right .On esa cb i was topping up rent by 80 a month now only 17 a month,I am £18 a week worse off now

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Sorry but i'm not understanding your question about being worse off. If you were previously topping up your rent by £80 per month and now you're only topping it up by £17 a month then surely you are better off.

For your ESA then being on Income based doesn't always mean you're worse off, unless you have savings/capital over £6,000.

As you were claiming CB based previously, you're still claiming CB but it now has an income related top up. I'm assuming that you're claiming ESA as a couple?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @robbie23568. Could you explain a little bit about why you think you might be worse off so we can see if we can help?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.