Universal credit LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit LCWRA

Options
Kay2512
Kay2512 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi all,
I’m hoping to get some help,
prior to the switch to universal credit I was receiving the disability elements of income support which was an automatic thing with pip I believe.

However after being changed over I have had to hand in a ‘fit note’ (handed in 18/12/19 for reference) 

This triggered a questionnaire and face to face assessment, we had the report back this week just gone and the assessor had written at the end ‘meets criteria for limited capability for work and work related activity.’

This report was dated the middle of February however I’m yet to hear anything from UC.

Is anyone able to advise on when I might be likely to hear a decision and then following that payment? I’ve seen things about 13 week assessment periods and I’m super confused!

thanks in advance!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You will need to wait for a decision to made on the assessment you had. The report recommends the LCWRA and they usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Once a decision's been made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.

The extra money for the LCWRA there's a 3 month waiting period and it's 3 full UC assessment periods and then the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim.  (not 12 weeks) When you'll receive it from will depend on when your claim for UC started. You say you handed the fit note in on 18/12/19 but what dates are your assessment periods?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kay2512
    Kay2512 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Options
    Hi,

You will need to wait for a decision to made on the assessment you had. The report recommends the LCWRA and they usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Once a decision's been made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.

The extra money for the LCWRA there's a 3 month waiting period and it's 3 full UC assessment periods and then the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim.  (not 12 weeks) When you'll receive it from will depend on when your claim for UC started. You say you handed the fit note in on 18/12/19 but what dates are your assessment periods?
    Thank you for your reply, that makes a bit more sense, I think. 

My assessment periods run from the 22nd of a month to the 21st of the following month.

So I assume the first of the 4 months would of been 22nd December - 21st January? As the 18th was right at the end of the previous?

thank you again 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. You're correct, this means that if the decision is LCWRA then you'll receive the extra money from your April payment because UC is paid 1 month in arrears. If the decision takes longer than that you will of course be backdated any money that's owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.