PC Gaming — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PC Gaming

Adventium
Adventium Community member Posts: 31 Connected
So, considering I'm stuck at home most of the time, and it's rare for me to go out...That, and I've been a PC gamer for a long time...I've been able to delve into, and play a bunch of cool games.

Here's a small list of things I play...

Monster hunter world: A friend got me into this a few days ago, and when I can play, I find it very engaging and fun.
Minecraft: The only game the GF will play with me XD I have a server for friends, and it's pretty fun. Though I get bored of it at times.
Eve Online: A massive spaced based MMO. Really complex, and a nightmare to learn. Heh

Anyone else play PC games? What do you play and enjoy?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,365 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    I play games on the computer quite a bit.

I enjoy playing World of Warcraft, it’s a fun game in my opinion with lots to do. It’s also a MMO game. 

Also Call of Duty, but on there I just play the single player missions and challenges, I’m not so keen on the multiplayer. 

I also like playing some old games. :)
  • Adventium
    Oh I LOVE wow. :D 

Alright, here's the important question: Horde or alliance?
    Also, what race/class and why?

Ally worgen druid for me :) created just because I adore cats & wolves, and wanted all the transforms :3 Though stopped playing until the next expansion, as I feel I've either done everything I can, or, it feels like it'd be too much of a time sink. 
  • 66Mustang
    I have a Night Elf Druid and a Dwarf Shaman! I like being a healer in raids. 

I still play every day to raise money to buy a WoW Token every month as I buy my subscription with in game money instead of spending real money haha.
  • Adventium
    Ack, buying a sub with tokens has to be hard work XD Especially with the price of a token. Last I saw a few months ago, was like 180k or something. 
  • 66Mustang
    I just do the daily world quests as well as the new black empire quests and manage to save up just enough each month to pay for the token haha. Not much left for armour and other stuff though!
  • Adventium
    XD I bet. When the new expansion is released, gonna start playing again :) Will be much easier to level alts at that point ^^ Really excited for it.
  • 66Mustang
  • 66Mustang
    It sounds like I will be getting a lot more gaming in if I have to stay in the house due to this virus...

Any game recommendations would be welcome. :)
  • Adventium
    Tons XD
    What sort of games do you like best?
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Currently, I'm mainly playing Cities: Skylines - same sort of thing as Sim Cities. Single-player game, but a great active community with lots of free mods and assets which add to the gaming experience. Community is also a great place to get advice if you are having problems and friendly. It can consume a lot of time, which is fine for me at the moment as I also find it very relaxing and a good way to destress after work.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Adventium
    I played Cities for a bit, but I tend to get bored without a story. I do agree, great game though. Therapeutic to a degree for sure!
    Girlfriend loves Sims for the same reason :) Great way to chill out.
  • 66Mustang
    I like a lot of different genres of game!

I did play a city building game for a while on the Mac and that was really good fun but it was a game that encouraged you to spend real money to speed things up which put me off a bit. 

I quite like games that require strategy and planning to build things up. I play the sims and Dawn of Titans on iPad but both of those also encourage you to spend real money.

Currently I have a Mac desktop which limits the games I can play. I still have some money set aside to buy a new iPad or laptop and I’m tempted to buy a windows laptop so I can play more games haha!
  • Adventium
    I reccommend it if you can. TONS more games on PC, than mac, unfortunately. 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang, I bought Cities Skylines as a bundle on sale. I also bought a couple of additional add ons afterwards. I did not mind this as I was aware that these were there if I wanted to buy them before I started. What I really do hate is the current craze in prizing where it is virtually impossible to get on without constantly paying small amounts of money, which can quickly build up, or like Microsoft I enjoyed playing the solitaire card games but got fed up with all the adverts. When I looked at buying the game I was happy until I noticed that you have to pay for it every year, I just gave up playing the games.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Cities Skylines is good (and just about runs on my ancient PC if I stay zoomed out!) but it feels a lot more like a dry simulator than Sim City ever did and the constant additions of DLC frustrated me when it felt like the game was a bit incomplete to begin with. I've been tempted by Surviving Mars, but it looks like it might just be more of the same!

As a long-term Mac user, I can't speak highly enough of them for professional stuff, but gaming? Forget about it! With it looking like more of my immediate future might be spent indoors, I'm starting to wish I'd invested in a PC that doesn't complain when I run Firefox
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    What games have people been playing?  :)
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    I’m currently playing World of Warcraft :):)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    I’m currently playing World of Warcraft :):)
    My brother loves that @66Mustang! He has built a whole village and a theme park with rollercoasters!  :D
    Scope

• Leelink
    Leelink Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    FFXIV is my game of choice for now.
  • DaveTheWasp
    DaveTheWasp Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    I used to love WoW, played up to Wrath of the Lich King expansion, but find I don't have the time for the kind of raids I used to enjoy.  Used to play competitive Team Fortress 2 as well.

Currently I'm mostly playing Rocket League as I can just pick it up for 15 minutes at a time when I'm free.

My wife loves playing The Sims 4, The Forest and Minecraft, although think I need to build another gaming PC as my daughters are now getting into gaming too and one PC isn't enough! 

Brightness