How long to get a f2f assessment for pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to get a f2f assessment for pip

Options
cazfox77
cazfox77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
First time pip was put in for my son in January all paperwork was done my his mentel health team had two letters one saying they needed more info from his team another saying they have all the info now to make a decision does this mean he wont need a face to face assentment he didn't have a face to face for the work capability assessment for universal credit 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Yes, a face to face assessment is not needed in this case and they've done a paper based assessment. You can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report because it sounds like the report has also been returned to DWP now. Once you receive this you'll have some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales for decisions but it can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cazfox77
    cazfox77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    poppy123456 thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.