Will I stop receiving my original PIP at the end of the month? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I stop receiving my original PIP at the end of the month?

Options
AnnaJH
AnnaJH Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Am having a bit of a crisis here!  Just heard that they are suspending the PIP assessments for 3 months.
I have been receiving enhanced daily living but this is due to end at the end of March.  I have completed my review documents and returned them before the closing date - it is now 5 weeks since I submitted the questionnaire and I was hoping to now receive mobility too since this has changed significantly since my initial assessment - actually have a diagnosis now! so hopefully they will believe me!! 
Will this suspension mean that I will stop receiving my original PIP at the end of the month and then won't receive anything at all until they resume assessments?  I'm really worried!  Life is hard enough without this stress.

I would be REALLY grateful to hear if anyone knows what this is going to mean.

Thank you.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello  @AnnaJH    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining.  I did not know this.

I do understand the concern maybe ring them or look on DWP website.

I would have thought payments continue till you are reassessed .

Please I do think the present time it is best for you to speak to DWP.

So much speculation and misinformation on this coronavirus.

I hope that reassured you.

Please any other questions please contact the forum.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • AnnaJH
    AnnaJH Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi @thespiceman
    Thank's for your message.  Unfortunately, as is quite often, they release these statements without thinking of the consequences and the answers to obvious questions.  I have looked on all the DWP and Gov websites etc and nothing has been advised.  Unfortunately I think we have the typical situation of waiting for the head to catch up with the tail!! And, yes, I did mean it that way around!! LOL
    We will just have to wait and see what happens.
    Anna
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Payments don't usually continue if there's no award in place for them to pay you. However because face to face assessments have been postponed for 3 months at least then if they can't do either a paper based assessment or a telephone consultation then there could be another plan in place but i haven't actually heard anything. There will obviously be other people in the same position as you where their award is close to ending. My advice is to ring DWP to ask them what happens to your current award while you wait for the decision to made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community. I don't know the answer to your question but I guess there will be lots of members in the same position as yourself. It would be really helpful if you could keep us updated if you get an answer to this from DWP

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.