DWP suspends F2F assessments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP suspends F2F assessments

Options
wilko
wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The DWP are suspending face to face assessments for the next the next three months as the government moves to the next phase of Corona virus plan. Assessments will be paper based and by telephone, comes into effect 17-03-20
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @wilko - unless this has changed recently there is a slight inaccuracy when you say "assessments will be paper based ..."

The DWP statement says,

"Anyone who has a face-to-face assessment appointment scheduled from Tuesday 17 March onwards does not need to attend and will be contacted to discuss next steps and alternative arrangements, which could involve either telephone or paper-based assessments."

(bold type is mine)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My OH PIP renewal in December was paper based with a 10 minute tele call from a DM 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Galarboy
    Galarboy Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    What’s the betting that there will in fact be no assessments for existing claimants at all in 2020, being as there will be such a massive backlog of new claims to get through?
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Options
    Galarboy said:
    What’s the betting that there will in fact be no assessments for existing claimants at all in 2020, being as there will be such a massive backlog of new claims to get through?
    You are the ever optimist?
    One of the main reasons for PIP was that it holds regular reassessments.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.