Tips for DLA tribunal for child? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tips for DLA tribunal for child?

yeahbutmum
yeahbutmum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi everyone...I’m new to the group today. Bit of background, I have 3 children. My 14 yr old son has Aspergers HMS and Dyspraxia along with severe anxiety. My daughter is 12, again Aspergers, HMS and ADHD too. She also struggles with anxiety and also uses food to control her feelings.
We have just received confirmation that my sons DLA award that I have had to re-apply for, as  his previous award ended as it had been 5 years, has been rejected following a MR. I’m devasted and at a complete loss as to why. I submitted his full CAMHS diagnosis along with full details of his issues. The letter seems to imply, in every aspect, that the fact he does not have an ECHP in School is their reason to justify he has no additional needs to be deemed due DLA. I’m now looking at appealing this via a tribunal but have no idea how to prepare my case. I’m also having to deregister him and his sister from school and home educate them as the School cannot provide the environment they need to alleviate their MH issues. 
Does anyone have a set format I can follow to build my case ready for a tribunal? 
TIA

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.