All the information. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

All the information.

Options
oakridge
oakridge Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Received text 27/2/20 saying that the dwp have received the assessors report. Just received the we now have all the info we need to make a a decision letter.
Are they both the same, or has my claim moved forward a little more? If so is there much more waiting around twiddling my thumbs? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

The letter you received is a standard letter sent to everyone and doesn't really mean anything. All it does is cause more anxiety and i've never understood why they send it. There's no timescales for decisions, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. It could still take between 2-8 weeks, possibly longer, especially with everything going on right now.

As the report has been returned you can ring DWP to request a copy of that, they will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Other than that there's nothing else you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • oakridge
    oakridge Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I requested the report the instant they text me to say they had it. Came 48 hours later.
    Zero for mobility
    Eight for daily living.
    And tbh I can't fault what was written.
    Just hope the decision maker doesn't have a bad day and decide to say no lol

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They mostly go with the report, it's rare for them to go against it, although it can happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello I can only agree with poppy123456, phone DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter which can take up to 8 weeks to arrive. 
  • Justcause2
    Justcause2 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I too requested my Report and on a transfer from DlA Too PIP
    It is I actually a higher award than my Dla with recommend Enahanced on both parts  however I'm still waiting as of
    today 13 weeks from we have all the information text and  nearl 12 weeks from the letter (Xmas I guess?).
    I too agree with getting the report asap as poppy says they mostly go with the report and if you do not agree with the report it gives you ample time to Prepare for an MR.
    Best Wishes oakridge.

• Justcause2
    Justcause2 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Sorry Brain Fog? I've just seen you got your report a few posts down??

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.