Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

bash99
bash99 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi everyone? So unfortunately my health has got significantly worse, and I am in and out of hospital because of it.  I know I need to contact PIP and inform then, but I am just worried if I need to go for another f2f. When I want for my f2f last time I ended up having a panic attack because I was so scared. I just dont want to go threw it again till I need to get reassessed in 2022.

Thank you 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,587 Disability Gamechanger
    Although your health has worsened, has it actually reduced your daily/mobility needs to give you a higher award?  If it won't score you any more points I wouldn't mention it until you get reviewed.

Of course, if you believe it will score enough points to push you into an enhanced award then go for it. :)  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I agree with @OverlyAnxious here. A worsening of condition doesn't automatically mean that you're entitled to a higher award. You also need to be aware that the 3 month rule also applies here. This means that your conditions must have been worse for at least 3 months.

A reporting a worsening of condition mean more forms and another face to face assessment at some point but also do be aware that because of the Coronavirus then face to face assessments are being postponed for at least 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bash99
    Hi, I have got enhanced motability and living but when I was reading all the paper work it said that if your health gets worse you need to inform them strait away. One of my conditions is cholesteatoma, and I have been informed that there is a high potential that it could travel to my brain as it has spread. I am in and out of hospital for it. Also I hahe a hole.in my bladder what has increased so I have been advised that I need to avoid walking far or go up inclines. I do have three careas as I am under care for my kidneys and pelvic disease and also my mental health. I am just scared of informing them incase I have to go for another f2f, but on my medical records that I sent it says that my health could get worse if that makes sense.
    Sorry for waffling on x
  • poppy123456
    You already have the maximum award you can have. The statement that says " all changes must be reported" is very misleading with PIP. In my opinion there's nothing to report because you can't have a higher award than you already have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • bash99
    Thank you, I think after your advice I'm not going to say anything till I get reassessed.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @bash99 and I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. As you are receiving the enhanced rate on both components, it would be best to wait until your review :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    edited March 2020
    Totally agree with  @OverlyAnxious  and @poppy123456.

Your health has worsened, not improved, but are already you on the highest award.

The only thing you do need to notify is if you spend more than 28 continuous days in hospital: 
    https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Going-into-Hospital-and-benefits/Benefits-that-stop-being-paid-if-you-go-into-hospi
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • poppy123456
    @bash99

I keep saying this on here but people disbelieve. 

Please look at my own journey with PIP with a change of circumstances. 

Please look at how  your illness stops you from what you can do on a daily basis 50% and over of the time.

I succeeded and you can succeed as well if you are honest about how you live from day today.   
    The DWP in their wisdom will only ever look at the effects of how you struggle from day to day. Not the 'affect' of any diagnosis.

Good lick with your claim. Xxx

If you read the comments from bash99 you will see that this person already has Enhanced for both parts of PIP, which of course means that reporting a worsening of condition is completely pointless, as advised.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    "I keep saying this on here but people disbelieve. 
    Please look at my own journey with PIP with a change of circumstances."

@bekindalways - you chose not to follow advice and, as you have posted on here, your award was increased - well done with that...

However in this case bash99 is already on the maximum award.

I genuinely believe that your advice - or more accurately saying not to listen to others advice - isn't helpful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.