News to share — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

News to share

poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,036 Disability Gamechanger
Hi everyone,

Despite all the terrible things happening at the moment, i thought i'd share my good news with all of you. My daughter gave birth to her Son yesterday at 12.03pm, weighing 8Ib. Mt first grandchild, his name is Noah. He's absolutely gorgeous and looks just like my daughter! I'm so excited to meet him when they come home, hopefully in the next couple of days. :)<3

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

• atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @poppy123456

Wow.

That is wonderful news for you and your daughter.

Welcome to the world Noah and you have a perfect grandma.

Best wishes to you all.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    It's so nice to hear some positive news! Really happy for you and your daughter @poppy123456
    All the best to you all and hope you get to meet him soon. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    @atlas46 and @Adrian_Scope thank you both. Nanny, is very excited :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    edited March 2020
    Woo hoo!!!!!!! Congratulations  <3

• male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    Congratulations GRANNY and many congratulations to your daughter and welcome to your grandson...this is great news...
    Best Wishes 
  • clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Congratulations to all.
    It's so nice to see some good news atm.

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Awww how wonderful congratulations welcome to the world Noah x
  • laura222
    laura222 Community member Posts: 84 Pioneering
    Wonderful! Congratulations to your family and thanks for sharing!
  • anisty
    edited March 2020
    I had wanted post a smiley here from another site but havent worked out how to get it over here!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations Nanny! ❤
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,438 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic news @poppy123456 grandchildren are such a joy, best wished to all xx
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,013 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 Congratulations Nanny Poppy! I was only thinking about you yesterday and wondering if the baby had arrived yet. So very pleased for you and your family. A new baby is always wonderful xxx Just think you will soon be nuzzling his little head :) Please update us when you meet him!

• anisty
    edited March 2020
  • anisty
    Well that has kind of worked if you click the link. Think that is the best i can do @poppy123456. I tried!
  • poppy123456
    Thank you everyone for all the kinds words. It certainly is lovely to receive such wonderful news and even more so during these horrible times.

I'm still waiting to meet Noah because they haven't come home from hospital yet. My daughter wasn't feeling so good yesterday due to the hemorrhaging and he wasn't feeding very well. She said hopefully they will be home sometime today.

@Cressida i will certainly update once i've seen him.  :)

@anisty i'm not sure how to add a smile like that either. I did click the link to look though, so thank you :)
  • anisty
    Home sometime today! How exciting is that?!!! Love the name btw. 
  • poppy123456
    I'm trying not to get too excited because i thought they maybe home yesterday but that changed when i spoke to her mid afternoon yesterday. I'm sure she'll contact me sometime this morning and hopefully she'll know by then.

My youngest daughter is super excited and can't stop looking at pictures of him. As her school is a special needs school (although she likes to call is colloge) it's not shutting because of the virus, as there's only 2 other students in her class. I only found this out yesterday when they contacted me. She's going today as normal. I have promised her that i will wait until she's home before going to visit them but i'm counting the hours lol.

It's lovely to have something to look forward to during this extremely difficult time.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    Fingers crossed you both get to meet the little one tonight @poppy123456:) I'm glad you have something fantastic to hold onto at the moment!

(@anisty: I've fixed the gif issue for you. If you're using our desktop site, it should be a simple right click on the image and a copy-paste into the message box. If you're using mobile, it's a bit more complicated, but we'll see if we can come up with a solution or guide soon!)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • anisty
    Aw thanks @Adrian_Scope! That looks really cute there now :)
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, they can't come home again today because my daughter isn't well and needs a blood transfusion this evening and then they want to monitor her before they let her go home.

Sadly there was more complications than i was made to believe. Worried, is an understatement. :'(

Noah is doing well though.

Brightness