Letter posted — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter posted

Options
Lee123
Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
I called dwo and said decision is in the post but as it was Friday it takes a day to go into there system vti see what the award letter was and I'm so scared to wait till Monday all in all my son scored 13 points for care but nothing for mobility my question is will atos know the desciin so that I can call them tomorrow I'm so nerves he's was a paper based thank you

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Lee123, if the award is 13 for care then if the decision makers at DWP agree with the assessment report your son will get enhanced care award but nothing for mobility. When your sons award letter arrives you will be informed of the award details money to be paid amounts and any back payment with a date of your regular payments. Also the letter will give you information regarding your rights if you disagree with the award and the time frame for making an mandatory appeal of the award decision. As your sons award looks like no points for his mobility issues if he should have scored points then should you decide on a MR then concentrate on your son's mobility issues. 
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you so much as I never new they go with what atos say sounds like he will definitely get something he's was a paper based what I was worried about too do you think it's worth me calling atos incase they know a decision instrad of me waiting till monfay

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The health assessment providers won't know what the decision is. Once the report is returned to DWP they are nothing to do with them.

You may not receive the letter on Monday because post coming from DWP can take several days to arrive. You could ring DWP again Monday morning when they open and they should be able to tell you what the decision is. When you rang Friday, if the decision was made that day then it can take 24 hours for the decision to show on all computers.

If your son is transferring from DLA then there won't be any backdated money.

They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.