Career element — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Career element

Options
hello20
hello20 Community member Posts: 98 Connected
Please can some one help partner recieved pip an I care for my partner 35 hours a week I notified Uc was awarded career element .
but no back dated payment was recieved 
When I asked about back dated payment the response was 
The carers element is only paid from the assessment period it is verified in so it will not be back dated as you didn't inform us about the caring until feb so we will pay the carers element from feb

Comments

• hello20
    Options
    Is it correct they don’t back date an only pay from Assasemnt period it was notified in 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Has PIP recently been awarded @hello20?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hello20
    Options
    Yes it was awarded this month 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I also note from previous threads that you were also receiving the LCWRA element until recently, is that correct? If so then the same person can't receive this element and the carers element at the same time. Who was claiming the LCWRA element and who is the carer? sorry but i'm not sure who is who here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hello20
    Options
    I get my lwrca partner claimed career she was found fit to work but has been caring for me past 3 months 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    When did her LCWRA stop @hello20? What date did you find out you were awarded PIP and what date did you report her being a carer to UC?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • hello20
    Options
    She was never on lwrca she was found fit for work after assasement I Was awarded pip in  March but back dated to November an partner had told j centre she cares because didn’t recieve pip said wait till decision an add career element from the day the award started an put the change in on record March reported 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.