Back dated money — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back dated money

Options
Lee123
Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
I called pip on Friday and they said they had made a decision same day and letter will be out in the post she told me I wud be backdated does anyone know how long it takes for backdated money via bacs thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

If it's a first time PIP claim and you weren't transferring from DLA then it's backdated to the date you rang to start the claim. Backdated money takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank, depending on who you bank with.

If you were transferring from DLA then there's no backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks poppy just one more question please if they put it in on a Monday will it get back to me on a Wednesday my bank take 3working days thanks again
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will be Wednesday or Thursday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.