Anyone want help setting up video chat? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone want help setting up video chat?

laura222
laura222 Community member Posts: 84 Pioneering
Hello all!

Is there anyone out there that would like a hand setting up video chat for keeping in touch with family and friends? There are lots of different ways to do it so I'm sure we can sort it out! And if not me, then I've no doubt that someone here will have a solution!

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hey @laura222 - that's a great idea. Its such a steep learning curve for everyone to suddenly move over to apps like Skype, Zoom etc. What are your preferred apps for keeping in touch? I'm now learning about Zoom!

• laura222
    laura222 Community member Posts: 84 Pioneering
    Hi @Abdi_Scope!

I was an avid Skype user, but have also just been introduced to Zoom too. I helped my Mum set it up the other day since her exercise class is now being run by video chat.

We also used WhatsApp video chat last night (which I didn't realise you could do!). And occasionally I accidentally make video calls on Google Hangouts, much to the surprise of everyone involved!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    These are all great ideas!! I've been in some group chats and it's really helped. :)
    Scope

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Well it seems your getting the hang of it quickly @laura222. Vital to stay connected for some sort of normality :smile: . Hope you are well.

Brightness