Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

kane1994
kane1994 Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
Hi I've put a new claim form in sometime ago because my health has gotten worse currently just on standard daily living . I've heard that pip Is back dated from the time I sent the forms in is this true 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Reporting a change of circumstances, if you are successfully awarded a higher rate then it's backdated to the date you rang to report the changes, providing when you reported the changes they existed for at least 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kane1994
    Okay I suffer from cerebral palsy I've had it since birth now can't walk unaided mental health etc so I do believe I should get higher rate
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck @kane1994. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kane1994
    Hi thanks it's a change of circumstances that's why I put new forms in I did it last year December time I believe and I got an advisor to fill out forms for me explaining how each discriptor affected me thanks 
  • Nat058
    Nat058 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi I had a f2f assessment on the 3rd of March and just wondered when I am likely to hear anything?
  • poppy123456
    Nat058 said:
    Hi I had a f2f assessment on the 3rd of March and just wondered when I am likely to hear anything?

Hi and welcome,

There's no timescales for any decision. With the pandemic and lockdown in place it could very well be even longer than usual.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the report, if you can get through because the waiting times for them to answer the phone are probably longer than usual. Once you receive the report you'll have some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kane1994
    Hi does anybody know the forwarding address to send extra supporting documents for my pip claim I have a care plan I would like to send off. Also is there anything I should include with in this like a written letter or NI number.
  • poppy123456
    You'll need to ring DWP to ask what address to send it to because it depends on what area you live. You should also send the evidence to the health assessment providers too. Put your name and NI number on everything you send and only send copies.
  • kane1994
    Hi thank you I'll call tomorrow who are the heath assesment providers ? 
  • poppy123456
    Depends on your area. It's either Capital or Independent assessment services.

Don't forget that all face to face assessments are suspended for at least 3 months. It will either be a paper assessment, a phone call or a video call. Or they will wait until the face to face assessments are back up and running again.

• kane1994
    Hi I have my pip telephone consultation next week I have a copy of my pip forms to go through over the phone is there anything else you would suggest doing before the phone call takes place. I've also sent more supporting info to them which they have received.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.